Chapter 49: Jaimie the Double Agent

Riley's POV

Most of the gang had moved back to the hideout but a few had decided to stay for a while longer.

I, on the other hand, am not allowed to leave back to the pack house. Ashton, Hayley, Jessica, and everyone in the pack insisted that I stay behind. They had obviously ignored all of Spencer's complaints and threats.

Dinner was quite uncomfortable. With Lucy sitting next to me, Cole sitting next to her, Dennis sitting beside Cole, trying to get her attention, and she ignoring him altogether.

Word must have spread through the pack house about their nasty break up because no one would make eye contact with Lucy. She can be like Medusa when she wants to.

Believe me on that... I've experienced it first hand.

The only normal one was Jaimie and Jessica. They're were sitting together and Jessica was levitating her potatoes whilst Jaimie watched in awe.

Terran, Hayley, Sophie, and Brandon had to go for a meeting. Ashton had briefly told me that many alphas were going to that meeting to talk about another pack. That pack had just finished a war that went on for a decade. The alpha's mate had died during battle and they needed help rebuilding the pack house.

When Ashton had said all that, I felt sorry for the alpha. It must be hard to lose a mate. I can't imagine my life without Ashton.

When I asked why the alpha didn't end his life, Ashton shrugged and said, "He doesn't have a successor. He'll need to choose the next alpha, if he dies, his beta will take over the pack."

"Does anyone want to watch a movie?"

All our head turned to Jaimie. He seemed to shrink under our gazes. "Um... After dinner...?"

"Sure."

Dennis was the one who spoke. He looked very suspicious when he kept switching his gaze from Jaimie to Lucy. He was up to something...

Jaimie then asked, "Are you going to watch, Lucy?"

Lucy froze and I could see the gears turning in her head. It was like she was mentally questioning herself, why would Jaimie ask me?

She slowly lifted her head and her eyes burned holes into Jaimie's face. "Maybe."

"It's a yes or no question, Peterson."

"Why would you care?" Lucy was now in detective mode. "In fact, since when have you ever cared?"

Jaimie smiled. "I just want to know if I would have to make more popcorn."

Lucy scowled and cast Dennis a subtle look. "Yes, I'm watching."

Jaimie's smile widened. "There, it wasn't that hard, was it?"

•••

We sat in the movie room. There was a 64 inch flat screen tv pressed up against the wall. Jaimie had made popcorn for everyone and was currently picking the movie.

"Okay I've the movie." Jaimie announced.

"What is it?" Carly asked.

Jaimie's eyes glittered. "Secret." Then he went to his seat and leaned on Justin, who scowled at him.

The movie title came up and there were different reactions from the group. A collective groans from the girls but the boys stayed silent. Actually, the boys in a relationship stayed silent.

I looked up at Ashton to see a smile playing at the corners of his lips. His arm around my shoulder slides to my waist. He was careful to not be caught by Spencer, who'd finally got some free time off the gang.