The time I went out for a birthday meal and met my new 'mom' and hated her

"Hey Ava. You nearly ready?" Brendon asked. I threw on my jacket and ran downstairs. "Where's your phone?"

"Oh yeah." I replied running back upstairs. I grabbed my phone and had three missed calls from Pete. I called him back while walking downstairs. "Hey Pete. You called?"

"Yeah. I just wanna say that you'll be fine at the meal because you'll be surrounded by people that love you." He explained.

"Thanks."

"Okay. Have you left yet?"

"Just leaving now." I got into the car and Brendon turned Dance, Dance on really loud. "Brendon! Turn it down." He turned it down and I put Pete on loudspeaker. "Pete you're on loudspeaker."

"Hey Bren. How long?"

"About 20 minutes." Brendon replied.

"Okay. I'm here." Pete mentioned. "I've found Tyler and Jenna. Guys do you know where everyone else is?"

"They're inside." I hear Tyler say.

"Okay. I'm gonna go in."

"I'm gonna wait outside for them. I wanna see the birthday girl when she arrives."

"Okay. Bye guys."

"Bye Pete." I said before hanging up. I grabbed Brendon's phone and changed the song to Hometown.

When we got to The Melting Pot I saw Tyler standing by his car. Brendon parked in the spot next to it and I went to leave but Brendon grabbed my hand. "You'll do fine." He reassured. I nodded and got out the car. Brendon walked over to Tyler and they hugged.

"So this is the birthday girl." Tyler said referring to me. I nodded and laughed. "Are you thinking of TB saga?" I nodded again.

"Currently trying to calm my nerves." I mentioned.

"Can I have a hug?"

"Sure." I hugged him and then we went inside. He led us to the table and I greeted everyone.

"Hey Ava. Happy birthday." Josh said hugging me.

"Thanks." I replied hugging back.

"Ava. This is Juliet. My girlfriend." Brendon introduced. I swallowed hard and smiled cautiously. Something seemed off.

"Hey. It's so nice to meet you. Brendon's told me so much about you." Juliet said in the fakest voice I've ever heard.

"And I've heard nothing about you." I replied equally as fake. Brendon kicked my leg and I squealed. "Ow!"

"Sorry my foot slipped." Brendon replied monotonously.

"Let's just order." Tyler interrupted.

Time skip
After the meal, Juliet came home with us instead of with Debby and Josh. I sat in the back whilst her and Brendon spoke in the front.

"Hey Ava?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah." I replied taking one earphone out.

"Wanna get Starbucks?"

"No thanks. Already had one today."

"When?"

"Pete brought me one."

"Okay." I put my earphone back in and slowly fell asleep.

Brendon's PoV
Ava was sleeping peacefully but we were home and I didn't wanna wake her up. "Babe. I'll do it. You just go inside." Juliet said sweetly.