Task #4 (part 3)

Jason

I stared ahead of me, at the blackness, then I turned around and was met with more blackness.

"Just great," I said to myself.

Who are you talking to? A voice asked that seemed to be coming from the walls.

I jumped, scared out of my mind.

"Um . . ." I didn't really want to answer that question. "Who are you?"

Rhadymanthus, he said.

"So what do I have to do fort his task, and where are my friends?" I asked.

Just get to that door and you will see your friends.

When he said that a door materialized on the other side of the room. I stared at it like it came from outer space. I looked around again to make sure that there was no monsters and took a step forward.

A bright light erupted around me and now I saw other people in the room with me. I looked at them, Piper, Reyna, Annabeth, Leo, Thalia, and Percy. Oh gods, Percy!

"Guys, what are you doing here?" I asked in utter disbelief, and mostly looked at Percy.

Percy stepped forward, "we are here to make sure you don't mess up this quest, because we all know you can't handle quest."

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked.

"You aren't the most experienced, the best fighter, or the best strategist. How come you got to be one of the seven?" Annabeth asked.

"I-"

"I am more powerful then you, I'm older, I have more experience, and I wouldn't have just got into the seven because my dad is Zeus," Thalia said.

"That's not the reason why," I tried to say.

"You always got the fame," Leo said. "But I killed much more monsters on that quest then you did, you got hurt most of the time."

"You're right Leo, you should have gotten more respect," I said, trying to reason with them.

"You're not a leader, Percy became praetor in a week, how long did it take you?" Reyna said. "You're never the leader on any of the quest you go on, Annabeth always takes the lead."

"Annabeth is a better strategist," I said.

"You failed me," Piper said. "You made me look bad every time you failed. You can't do anything. You're not a good demigod, you fail friends and the gods. You fail me."

I fell to my knees, this is exactly what I've been thinking for the past few years. I'm not good anymore. I can't lead.

All the voices mixed together as I tried to shut them out.

"You can't do a good job."

"You aren't worthy."

"You cheated into the seven."

"You can't take down monsters."

You're not a leader."

"You're a failure."

Then I started to hear other voices. They were the same ones I was hearing at the moment, but they seemed more desperate. It was Annabeth and Leo.

"Jason, please help us," they said. "You are the only one that can."

"I need to help my friends," I muttered.

"You can't help your friends," Percy said. "You don't have the power."

"Yes I do," I yelled.

I used the air around me to create a force field like thing. I couldn't hear what my friends were saying, but I could tell they were saying some pretty bad things. (Leo you don't use that kind of langue)

"Not real, not real, not real," I told myself.

I started walking tot he door and as I was reaching out for the door handle I heard a voice loud and clear.

"You coward," Piper yelled. "You always run!"

I stared at her, boiling in anger nobody calls me a coward.

"Shut up!" I yelled at them.

"You shut up Grace!" Percy called back.

"That's it!"

I released the winds. Sending them straight towards Annabeth, Percy, and the others. Making them fall over. As they were busy getting up. I ran out the door and into more blackness.

"Great!" I yelled again.

Stop talking to your self.

Then I saw white and then black.