The Confessions

"What do you need to tell me?" I asked Tommy.

"I-uh... I was jealous of you."

"Why?"

"I'm... I..."

"I'm growing old here!"

"I'm gay." He saw the shock on my face and quickly added, "You don't have a problem with that do you?"

"No. I just never would've guessed."

"I-uh... I have a crush on Robert."

"Oh... That's why."

"Yeah." He rubbed the back of his head.

"How long have you had a crush on him?"

"Too long. He's really straight too."

"Then, why?"

"I can dream."

I giggled.

"What?"

"I just never pictured a guy saying that."

"Don't tell him. Please."

"Here's the deal. If you don't tell him about that file, I won't tell him about your adorable crush on him."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry for lying."

"I'm sorry for diggin' through your shit to try to find something to use against you."

"Wow... You really do have a crush on him."

"Yeah."

"Night."

"Night."

That was WAY too close! What the heck?

Right now, I'm sitting on top of my sleeping bag, writing. I can't sleep. I couldn't believe I had actually gotten away with that. What the...

---

The door opened while I was writing. I looked up to see Faith. She was crying. She pulled me to my feet and dragged me to the window. There were flashlights moving as men moved in and ducked behind cover. I grabbed a sniper rifle and headed outside signaling Faith to hide inside. I went outside and snuck around the back. I climbed to the top of an old church tower and set up. I identified the closest target, aimed, and let my gun surprise me.

BOOM!

One dead. I repeated again as yells erupted from the invaders.

BOOM!

Two dead. Again. There movements became fast and erratic. Some couldn't tell where I was nested.

BOOM!

Three dead. As they shouted, I identified them as targets. I let them come out of their covers. Fifteen targets in all. All militia. Four dead. Again.

BOOM!

Make it five. Again.

BOOM!

Six. This was clearly supposed to be a search, find, and strike. They were trying to sneak in take all the supplies they could and burn the rest, as well as find and assassinate the leader. Four gunshots went off simultaneously. They came from the house. Again.

BOOM!

Eight. Again.

BOOM!

Nine. More people started shooting from their houses until all fifteen were dead. I climbed down from the church tower. A very angry priest came out and scolded me for killing people from the tower. I didn't really care. Faith ran up to me and raised her arms up. I picked her up and she slapped me. She gave me a sour look as I wiped my face where she struck.