Samantha Jones

Hey, my name is Samantha but I like to be called Sam. I also have a big secret. I feel really guilty about it. It's about Ocean.

Ocean is kind of a nerd, like, he even admits it. Whenever he tells me that I'm his best friend, it makes me feel weird and even more guilty. Ocean thinks that I really like him and enjoy being with him. The only reason I go to his house is to see his older sister named Alisha who is only like 3 minutes older than Ocean because they are actually twins but Alisha was born first. I only hang around him and act like his friend because my mum tells me to as he won't have any other good friends. I tell her about Joel but she doesn't listen. My mum says apparently Oscar is going through tough times so I have to support him and act like a true, good friend.

Ocean thinks I keep our "friendship" a secret at school because it's weird for a girl to be friends with a boy but it's actually because if anyone knew I was friends with him I would be teased and been the weird girl for a long time. I do feel bad for Ocean and I don't quite know why most people hate him.

Tomorrow is Tuesday. I have to meet Ocean and Joel at the library after school. I don't understand how and why Joel thinks it is fun. Sometimes I think he is pretending to be Ocean's friend too but they seem pretty close. Coming to think of it, I have never actually met Joel's family.

For our "book club" we are reading a book about dinosaurs (Joel's choice) I do read it in my own time because I actually do quite enjoy reading. It's very fun. The problem with our library meet ups is that we all have to discuss the books and read out loud. I wish we could just read in our heads.