A Traitor's Redemption

_____________________________________________________________________________

      To make things relatively clear, I pulled the dialouge from the game Dawn of War, I just loved the scene so much and wondered if i could capture the smae effect it had on me by writing the actions down in my own words, Hope you guys enjoy vote if you want and comment, I'd really like to know what you guys are thinking.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Gabriel cautiously moved forward up the steps of the blasted out chaple, an uneasy feeling embedded itself into his mind as he stepped through the doors bolt pistol and power sword both drawn. The auto senses of his power armor quickly howned in on the sngal threat detected and he raised raised his bolt pistol ready to combat it.

     " You are a fool Gabriel, you know you are no match for me." Isador stated solemnly as he emerged from within the dark depths of the Chaple.

     Gabriel could see the corruptive powers of the Maledictum had already began to warp Isador's physical being as he noticed an erie purple glow begin to manifest around his old friend's bieng. Gabriel lowered his aim.

     " Of all my brothers, why you? You were stronger than this!" Grabriel said, heavy grief in his voice.

     Isador chuckled as he the two circled eachother, " I am stronger than you could ever imagined. I can feel the universe tremble at my approach. Even the gods know my name!"

     Gabriel lost all hope in his old friend returning and gripped the hilt of his power sword. " No one will remember you, traitor. I will see to that!" 

     Gabriel charged forward and brought down the full might of his power sword forcing his former battle brother into melee. Isador parried the strike with his force staff and shot a hard right hand to Gabriel's chops, the punch landed forcing Gabriel to stumble. Isador summoned forth his enhanced psychic might and launched Gabriel back into the ruined rockcrete wall of the chaple with a blast of immense psychic energy. Gabriel slammed hard against the chapel's wall, his power armor's machine spirit cried out as it barely managed to hold up against the enormous amount of kinetic energy that it was forced to endure. Gabriel fell to the floor deeply in pain only able to hold himself up on all fours. 

     Isador smiled grimely at his former friend's pain and stepped forward, " Pathetic!" Isador mocked as Gabriel attempted to get back on his two feet, " You were great once, before doubt addled your will. Before you rendered judgment on Cyrene. Before you murdered the innocent and guilty, all in one stroke! You weak, sorry fool! How does it feel to have slain millions?! To have betrayed your own family!?"

     Gabriel against the sharp pain through out the entirety of his body forced hismelf to his feet, using his power sword as a temporary cruch. " I betrayed NO ONE!" He stated with a stern authoritive voice, " Innocents die so that humanity may live. I ended their suffering, as I will end yours." 

    Gabriel charged forward once more, Isador lifted his force staff to finish Gabriel off with a final hammer blow. Before his downward strike could connect Gabriel side stepped it and spun left, he rolled behind Isador and lashed out with his power sword swinging it vertically and connecting with the back of his knee slicing through the electrically motivated fiber bundles and forcing Isador to his knees. Isador cried out and colapsed to his knees, Gabriel stood and moved from behind Isador so that the two could see eye to eye.

     Isador raised his hand in mercy to Gabriel, " You have beaten me. I cannot believe it. I was wrong, Gabriel. So wrong. I thought I was strong, strong enough to control this malignant power. I wanted to use the power for good. For the imperium. You must see that. You must give me a chance to make amends, to seek redemption." He pleaded 

     " If redemption is what you seek then that is what I will give you." Gabriel assured as he leveled his bolt pistol with Isador's head. 

     Gabriel tapped the trigger once and holstered his pistol, loyal space marines entered the chapel as he did.

     Without turning he spoke to them, " This is the fate of traitors. Remember this and do not stray." He turned and made for the exit the space marines stepping aside for their fabled captain. He stopped and turned to them before the steps, " If you do, I will be ready to render you the same service." Gabriel assured grimly.