Chapter 8

Carmen P.O.V
I hate being late I thought scrambling to find a shirt to go with my jeans. I was on my way to meet up with Nathan who figure out who the email sender was. I settled for a light pink blouse I didn't wanna over do it since it was just a casual meeting. I grab my sister's car keys off the coffee table I miss my car I pouted.

When I had graduates from high school my sister brought us both matching cars in our favorite colors. Her's a light pink sedan mines a light blue sedan.

I barely remember the night I totaled my car. I remember going with Bridgett to a college party and we met these two guys. They brought us a few drinks but me being the designated driver I limited myself to one drink in moderation.

Bridgett and her guy was on the dance floor turning up. The guy she was dancing with friend started talking to me and asking if I wanted to go to his room. I told him no and push his hand off of me 1,000 time.

I started to feel woozy and considering the fact that I only had one drink I knew something was wrong. The guy I met kept smiling and looking at me like he was undressing me with his eyes.
I got up and headed to Bridget. "Bridget we gotta go now" I yelled over the music.

"But I'm having so much fun" she slurred.

"I don't feel right we need to go.
I'm horny I want you" she murmured reaching out to me.

"Ok no, let's go" I said dragging her to the door.

"Where you going sexy" the guy Bridgett was dancing with said to us.
I started walking faster trying to hold myself and Bridgett up at the same time.

I walked, half ran with a half passed out Bridgett to the car n flung her in the passenger seat.

I grab the hood of the car for support and tried to make my way to the driver seat.

"Baby you not going anywhere" the guy said. I took all the strength I could muster and got to the driver side to slam the door and locking it.

I knew I should not have been driving but I couldn't take a chance with those guys knowing they drugged Bridgett and I.

I sped away into the night. My vision kept becoming double I was swerving in and out of lanes. God please let us make it home safe I prayed.

I fell outta consciousness for a split second and hit to what I hoped was a tree.

"Shit" I said pulling off I just gotta get home.

Hitting the breaks I finally pulled into the driveway.

I dialed Natalia phone knowing she was home.

"Talia" I said horsely into the phone laying my head down on the steering wheel.

"Carmen what's wrong?"

"Driveway, help" was all I could manage to say before passing out

The next morning I woke up in a hospital bed next to Bridgett with Natalia sitting on my bed clipping her nails.

"What happened?" I asked

"You guys were drugged with roofies" she said.

"All I remember was taking to these two guys and feeling weird and the guys were after me and Bridgett I had to get us home" I said crying.

"Calm down shhhs your ok. I took care of that"

"What do you mean" I asked sniffling.

"Since both of you guys are not legal to drink putting that with driving would gotten you arrested. I told the police I dropped y'all off and picked y'all up when you were barely able to stand and Bridgett passed out and I drove y'all straight here."

"Thank you" I said "oh wait I think I may have hit a tree. I didn't mess up the paint really bad did I?"

Her face dropped "I saw your front was pretty messed up I'm having it fixed, but I'll buy you a new car. In the meantime we can share mines."

"Why a new one, I can just wait for it to be fixed I said."

"No don't worry bout it's already handled"she said with a reassuring smile.

I slump back into the bed "hmmm ok"

My mind drifted back to the night before how could I been so off guard that I didn't notice those bastards slipped something in our drinks. We could've seriously been hurt, I shook my head as if I could erase the memory."

Natalia grabbed my hand, "Dont beat yourself up about this Carmen this could of happen to anyone."

"But it didn't happen to just anyone" I shrieked causing Bridgett to stir. "It happen to Bridgett and I" I said more quietly. "I should have been more alert, what if I had more to drink or, or what if I passed out there and not been able to get us home we could have been raped or murdered or"

She cut me off "but you weren't Carmen you did get away you guys are fine everything is going to be fine"