O n e

Day 1

The rain hit your hair as you ran as fast as you could through the night. You turned sharply in an alleyway as the police were hot on your tail. You ran ahead and started climbing the fence that lead to the highway.

" STOP RUNNING! " They yelled as one shot their gun. It just barely missed you and you jumped to the other side on the fence. You started running across the highway, just barely dodging cars and you, thankfully, made it to the other side.

On the other side of the highway was a thick forest that you have ran away to for years. You knew this place since you were little. You started stealing at a very young age, because of your father. He always needed things but didnt have the money, so he would tell you just take it if you want it. And thats what you did. You saw something you wanted, you took it and ran away.

You ran deep into the forest, and just in the distance, you saw your little house. You always had a house in the woods, never seen the point of living in the city. It was broken and the wood inside was rotten, but you never really had the money to fix it.

Your mother was a nurse, she always had to make the money for your family because your father was always out at night doing who knows what. One day though, your mother came home to your father with another women, cheating on her. She had broke up with him and left without a word. You never saw her again. The only memory you have with her is when it was ' Bring your daughter ' to work day.

Tears welled up in your eyes as you thought about her, but you just wiped them away, still running even though you knew the cops were long gone.

You made your way inside. Your father was passed out on the couch, as always, so you made your way upstairs to your room. It was a two story house, just not filled with much. In your room you had a dresser with either ripped or too small clothes, a very uncomfortable mattress, and some random toys here and there. You kicked off your shoes and stepped onto the carpet. There were stains all over it but you just ignored it most of the time.

You knelt down on the floor as you emptied your pockets. They contained of snacks, the only thing that kept you alive. Your father always relied on you to get him food because you were more fit them him(Because of all the running you did). You weren't too skinny, but not too fat either. Just enough to look normal.

You sat down beside your lonely mattress and pulled opened a bag on M&M's. You started eating them until you heard a loud bang downstairs. You heard yelling downstairs and so you peeked our your door and saw about 3 police officers down there, handcuffing your father and taking him outside.

" Shit shit shit shit shit ", You whispered to yourself and quickly hid in your closest, that is surprisingly big.

Footsteps started coming upstairs and you pulled your knees up to your chest, praying that they wouldn't find you. Your door opened and your breathing started getting heavier. The closet door opened at you started up at an... android. You stared up at him with wide, terrified eyes. His LED blinked from yellow to blue before yelling, " SHE'S IN HERE! "

You didnt know what to do so you just stayed there, terrified of what they might do. You heard more footsteps as 2 more policemen showed up in front of the closet door, then grabbing you roughly putting your hands behind your back and handcuffing you.

You started kicking your legs and yelling when they picked you up, dragging you downstairs. They brought you outside and shoved you into the back of a different cop car from the one your fathers in.

You started freaking out and yelling before they hopped in and started to drive.

" Stop yelling. It's doing you nothing. " The android in the passenger seat said through the wall that separates you both.

You rolled your eyes and looked out the window, trying to at least calm yourself down a little.

" Hey Connor, when we get there, you're in charge of getting her inside. " The policeman driving the car said. He had long-ish grey hair and looked in his late forties.

" Okay, Lieutenant. " The android said. He had soft brown eyes and his hair was combed to the side but a strand was left hanging on his face. He's kinda hot.

-Time Skip-

You were thrown in your cell as the doors closed. You sighed and sat on your little bed in the room that hung to the wall and rested your head in your hands.

The lights went off in the place, as it was pretty late in the evening, amusing that it was lights out.

You grunted as you laid down on the hard mattress-like foam and closed your eyes. You slowly drifted off into dreamland, thinking that there was no more hope left for you.