02

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*
The sound of the alarm on my phone woke me up with my heart racing. Pressing the power button, the time read 7:12. I have no ideas why it woke me up so early, but I just decided to make some coffee and avocado toast.

After finishing breakfast, I sat in front of my body-sized mirror and got my makeup bag. Doing the some thing as usual, I finished by 8:15. I walked into my closet and fished out an outfit that wouldn't drown me in sweat. The Florida heat had ways been my least favorite thing.

I chose a black tank top with an olive cardigan and tight blue jeans; along with my white vans.
Walking out of my room and into the main living space, I greeted Kira with a smile and directed myself straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Hey Autumn. Later tonight I'm going out with some friends. Let me know if you're free" Kira spoke from the hallway.

"Thanks Kira. I'll keep you updated" I replied and spit the toothpaste/water mixture into the sink.

I got my book bag around and made myself lunch before leaving and locking the front door; hence Kira had already left.

I showed up to class with 5 minutes to spare and I waiting outside of my fashion class. Fashion meant a great deal to me, and I was excited to show people my talent.

Before entering the class, a girl with strawberry blonde hair walked up to me and passed me a bright yellow flyer.

"Hi there. I'm Gabby. I know you're apart of the volleyball scholarship, and practice starts tonight. Bring it" and with a wink she turned on her heels and walked down the hall.

I tucked the flyer into the front pocket of my book bag and walked into my class. As I waited for the rest of the students to pile in, I started to feel a little bit sick. Not physically sick, but mentally. That type where you know something bad is gonna happen and you feel like shit all day.

The class was easy, just a few papers we needed to sign and the rest of class was a quiz to what we already knew about design.

The bell rang at 10:43 am and I walked up to Mrs. Pete who took my paper and smiled. I returned the gesture and walked into the hallway.

"Hey. New girl" I heard from behind me. I wasn't sure who that person was talking to, but I was not in the mood so I went on my way to the cafeteria to meet Liam and Niall.

Suddenly, I felt a slight nudge on my left shoulder and quickly turned to see who tapped me. It was Kira.

"Hey slacker. How's it going?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"I feel sick. Like, just not in a good mood. You know?" She nodded and waited for me to continue. When I didn't, she sighed and walked the other way. Thanks for your help Kira.