The Start of Something New

I guess it was finally time for me to leave my house. Eugh... I mean, I always knew that I couldn't just sit up in my room eating noodles, drinking coffee and reading fanfiction for my entire life, but a job... So much work. Well, it's fine I guess. It means I get money for more noodles and coffee! Who knows, maybe it'll be fun. Working at a cinema wasn't something I would have expected, but it's not the worse. Hmm. Now, the biggest issue here was finding the destination. I always relied on my parents to drive me places, but they insisted I made my own way there. Agh, this is so sad. Alexa play Despacito. Heheh. Aaand, this should be it! KMGLL Cinema. No clue what it stood for, but here I am. The start of my new job! 

I entered the building and made my way up the stairs, as the cinema was only a small part of this place. It had laser tag, a few restaurants downstairs and a bowling place. It's a pretty fun area to work if you ask me. The carpets were a rich royal blue flooded with pretty patterns and spots of red. The pleasing scent of popcorn entered my nose and gave me a feeling of ease. I walked towards the counter to where people were being served their tickets and food. "Excuse me." I probably should have emailed them before coming in so late, but it's not my fault that my parents were being difficult. A tall, black haired man turned to face me, except for some reason he looked very familiar. "How may I help you?" His voice was somewhat higher than I expected, going by his rather condescending appearance, but still sounded rather nice to the ear. Time to introduce myself.

"My name is Maru, I start work here today. Do you know where I can find the manager?"
He looked down on me with untrustworthy eyes and muttered.
"She should be in the back, this way please." I followed in and took this mysterious first impression with a grain of salt. As I entered, the first thing I noticed was the strangely cozy space. It was almost like a house fit for a small family, with comfy couches, a dining table and even a kitchen. It was clear that it was only for lunch and cooking for business, though. "She should be through here, I need to go." He quickly left and presumably went back to serving. Ah~ what a nice place, much better than I thought. I jumped onto the sofa and let out a sigh. Eee, the pillows are so soft. I could almost.. Fall... Asleep.. AH! What am I doing? Maru, you idiot. This is work, there's no time for lazing around. Let's go find the manager!