Chapter 10

Optimus gave me a strange look, "What are you doing?"
I bit my lip and ignored him. Instead, I felt a gentle, pulsing warmth coming from my spark.
"O-Orchid?" Optimus whispered.
A soft golden light surrounded my servo and I could feel his anxiety and caution.
I closed my optics and sent him calming feelings and he stopped feeling as anxious.
The warmth left and I lifted up my servo, too afraid to look.
"Orchid," Blue Moon whispered in shock from behind me,"h-how did you..."
I opened my optics and saw that Optimus' wounds were completely healed, no scars or anything.
I smiled weakly,"We all have something...that can surprise others."
I tried to get up, but stumbled. I felt weak and tired. Healing had taken a lot out of me.
Blue Moon caught me and gently set me on the ground,"Healing drains even the strongest of us."
"You're fine," I commented.
Blue Moon laughed,"Yes, but I've been doing it since I was little. Later we'll practice healing, little things, to get you started."
I smiled, but it quickly vanished when Ironhide and Ratchet came around a building, carrying two halves of my cousin Jazz.
"We couldn't save him," Ironhide told Optimus sadly.
I stood up shakily and touched Jazz's helm. It was cold, his optics had no light in them anymore.
I felt Aura and Blue Moon's arms around me, giving me a gentle hug. Of course Kamicazii joined in too.
When they let go, I took a deep breath and told myself I would not cry. I had to be brave.
"Aw, Jazz," Optimus sighed sadly as he took the two parts from Ironhide.
"We lost a great comrade," Optimus began,"but gained new ones. Thank you, for all you have done for us."
Bumblebee, whom Mikayla had towed there with a pickup truck, started actually talking, although, he still used the radio. Still, it was better than all that nonsense he usually spewed.
"Permission to speak, sir?" Bee asked.
"Permission granted, old friend," Optimus replied.
"Wait you speak now?" Sam exclaimed.
I smiled at the boy and placed him closer to his guardian.
"I wish...to stay with the boy," Bumblebee said.
"If that is his choice," Optimus replied.
Sam smiled at his guardian,"Yes."
Bee smiled also at his charge.
I'm sure that if Sam could, he would have given Bee the biggest hug in the world.
******************************
Later on that day, we were all on a lookout point.
Bee was in his vehicle mode, with Sam and Mikayla making out on his hood.
I rolled my optics and walked away.
Optimus was looking at the setting sun when I reached him, composing a message.
When he was done, I asked him,"What's that for?"
"To call any remaining Autobots in hiding to Earth," Optimus explained.
I nodded and stood next to him, watching the sunset as it seemed to set the horizon on fire with gold and scarlet streaks.
"I missed seeing the colors if the sky at evening," Optimus said absently, as if remembering a long lost friend.
"Me too," I said,"And the mornings are just as beautiful."
Optimus looked around, though I didn't know why.
"How are you feeling?" he asked me quietly.
"Better," I replied with a smile,"Not like a ton of army tanks ran me over."
Optimus smiled also, but there was no feeling in it,"You worry me sometimes you know?"
"I'm a soldier, Optimus," I replied calmly,"it is my duty to fight and accept the consequences of my actions and mistakes."
I took a sharp breath in when Optimus gently placed his servo on my lower back.
"That is not your purpose," the Prime said softly," nor is it your duty. You made the choice to become a warrior, despite your hindrances. That is what makes the strongest warriors."
"But why worry?" I asked.
"I seem to worry more about the ones I care for the most," Optimus said, looking at me.
I felt my face-plates heat up,"W-well then I sure hope you care for all of us the same."
Optimus laughed,"Don't worry, I'm not like Megatron who has a selected couple and leaves the rest for scrap. I care for every one of my fellow Cybertronians."
"Even Megatron?"
Optimus' face-plates fell and he glanced down at the shard of the Allspark in his other servo," My brother and I always had...different opinions of how the world should be. He wanted power, I wanted peace."
"And you were willing to sacrifice yourself to bring that peace," I finished for him.
Optimus looked at me again with sad optics,"Yes. Peace, above all is most important. And happiness, kindness, compassion, and...love."
I blushed when he said that last word and turned my helm away, nervously tucking a braid of white hair behind my pointed audio.
Optimus leaned down and kissed the top of my helm, making me blush harder than ever before.
"I hope you'll be okay now that we're here," he whispered into my hair.
I gave a shaky laugh,"I did fine before, in case you hadn't noticed."
Optimus pulled away, but did not remove his servo from my back-plates,"Yes, but I still feel bad for you being all alone all those years."
I smiled slightly," I'm used to being ignored."
Optimus said nothing but smiled as he watched the sunset again.
I watched with him, and gently leaned against him.
I had never expected this, but I hoped it would lead to better things in the future.
We both watched the sunset together, watching it fade into a starry night.

Author's Note: Another book in the bag! Yaay! Thank you so much for staying with me through another book, guys, it's amazing.
Also, a big shoutout to my very first follower, you have been great, always leaving funny comments and really loving my stories.
Thanks so much and I will see you in the next story.
Bye😁