|Chapter 1|

Just a little something to listen to while reading, but for some reason it won't play while you read, so just listen to it on YouTube if you want. Enjoy❤.

The Encounter

Jermaine's POV
October 16, 2017
Monday

"I'm on my way to school, have to walk a few blocks. Had to take the short route so I wouldn't get shot. Gang bangers are around, so try not to get caught lurkin'. Make one wrong move, and they don't have a prollem with murkin'. Bow." I rapped to myself as I made my way up a steep hill on the sidewalk.

As I was walking, I came past an alleyway, seeing a short black male hunched over as he got kicked around by a big group of what seemed to look like drug dealers.

So with that being seen, I quickly stuffed my earphones in my ears, blasting music and keeping my head down at my phone so it wouldn't look like I saw anything.

Over here in Detroit, you were advised to mind yo damn business up hea in these streets, or else you'd end up like that nigga back there inna alleyway.

I continued my way to BellView High school, and after about 3 minutes, I arrived to the school entrance with just 10 minutes to spare, so I had enough time to eat breakfast and allat extra shit.

I had 3 minutes to get to my AP Math class, so I hurriedly threw away my tray of trash and headed to my locker to put up anything I didn't need for this class.

I made it to class just before the bell rung, and made my way to the back of the class.

I sat in the far right corner, pulling out my phone and earbuds playing some music as I looked around at the classroom full of juniors and seniors. I was glad to be a senior cuz I only had 7 more months of being in this dreadful ass high school.

But little did I know, this school year was gonna be full of inevitable events.

While I was doing so, I saw Mrs. Croner's lips moving and her eyes looking at the class, signalling she was speaking to the class. Figuring she was saying something about a lesson, I paused my music to listen to what she had to say. The more I listened, I soon figured out it had nothing to do with what we were learning, so I went to put my earbuds back in. But before I did so, I saw movement from the doorway from the corner of my eyes.

Looking that way, my eyes were met with the most beautiful creature I ever laid my eyes on, aside from my momma tho. I never seen her before, so she must've been new. Not only to the school, but also to the area we live in. She aint look like she was from around here. She was introduced to the class, and I found out her name was Melrose Morris, Mel or Melly for short. Looking at her demeanor, I could tell she was a bit shy, but with beauty like hers, she shouldn't have any reason to be.

 Looking at her demeanor, I could tell she was a bit shy, but with beauty like hers, she shouldn't have any reason to be