11

"Are you okay?" He asks, worry crossing through his eyes.

"Yeah," I reply, chuckling, "I'm fine."

"Those guys are assholes," he says as something darker flashes through his eyes.

I put a hand on his shoulder and announce, "That right there is the truth, Captain Obvious."

Smiling shyly, he runs his hand through his hair. "Let's go to class now."

•-•

"That was fun," Daniel announces as we sit in the car. "It's been a long time since I've gone to school like that."

"I wish I didn't have to go," I chuckle. "We have to go somewhere real quick. I gotta pick up a friend."

"Okay," He says as the smile sits on his face.

I pull the car around the school to a shady alley. A dark figure emerges out of the shadows, and I lean out of the car and shout, "Get in the car, you fool!"

"Patience, young one," Bram says as he walks to the car door, patting my cheek. A teasing smile dances on his pink lips, and I can't help but be amused by his weird jokes.

"Hi, I'm Daniel," Daniel introduces himself when Bram sits down in the car.

"Yeah, I know. I'm Bram," Bram says with a polite smile. Turning to me, he says, "Thanks for this ride, Mar."

"No problem," I say. "You are welcome a ride until your car is fixed."

"Great, well, hand me the aux," he says, leaning forward between the seats and resting his chin next to my face.

Dangling it out of his reach, I ask, "And why?"

"So I can play my songs, milady," he says, reaching for the cord. Pretending to think it over, I hand it to him. "Thank you, young grasshopper," he says, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I roll my eyes and flick the side of his head, starting to drive again. I barely even notice the look on Daniel's face when I start driving.

Bram's music blasts through the car and we all sing (with various skill levels) along.

"Hey, I actually have to get our of the car, okay?" I ask Daniel as Bram gets out.

"Yeah, totally," he replies with an understanding nod.

I walk next to Bram and ask, "Hey."

"How's it going?" He asks as we near his doorstep.

"It's okay. I mean I forgave him," I reply. "His band mates are nice," I add, nodding my head to the car.

"Just remember, I'm here if you wanna talk," he says, kissing the top of my head as I wrap him in a hug.

"Okay," I say as my voice is muffled by his jacket.

"Okay."

I walk back to the car and quickly apologize to Daniel who was watching.

"Um is that—actually never mind," Daniel says hurriedly, looking down at his phone.

Lmao I typed this on my phone at 1:45 am. Who needs sleep? Also hEY I UPDATED!