Love

She had no expectations. She had no idea on how it would play out, but her hopes allowed her to try again and again. Swipe after swipe. She wanted love so bad. It had been denied to her for years; her parents didn't care, she only had superficial friendships, no siblings, no boyfriends- she was invisible.

Invisible.

That should have been what her parents named her. It would fit better than her current name. Raine Basilius. The only thing that stood out about her was the interpretations of her name. Queen Royalty. She had brown hair, brown eyes, freckles, and a thin body.

That's why when she joined the dating app she had no expectations. No one would like her. No one would request a date from her.

Exept they did. A man named Victor Milsop. Short blonde hair, blue eyes, 6'4, and a lawyer. Respectable. Easy.

She went on one date with him and loved it. When she first saw him she was relieved to see he was everything his bio said he was. They went to a high end restraunt, the kind where a drink costs 15$. He took her on a carriage ride through the town, then on a walk down by the river.

He was a perfect gentleman. And that's why no one suspected a thing. No. No one saw it but she did. The darkness that lurked in his mind. She knew it was there but she didn't know if he'd act upon it.

She wore a black number that hung off her shoulder to show off her freckles, light makeup, and black heels. Her eyes were framed by her thick, black rimmed glasses. Her hair fell down her back in voluminous ringlets, half up. She wore her grandfathers cross on a piece of brown thread. She was his type.

Small, quiet, and replaceable.

He was her type. Rich, handsome, and killable.

I guess I could call this story;

The day two serial killers met.