five

Maggie sighed as she pulled into her brothers driveway. She could never get over the beautiful home him and his boyfriend shared in San Diego. The twenty five year old had made such an amazing life for himself, and she couldn't have been more proud of him.

Looking over to the passenger seat, which was empty, made her heart break a little. Corbyn was supposed to come with her, mostly because she hated the long drive alone and she loved the times they'd spend talking about anything and everything, singing their hearts out to 2001 songs. She missed when he use to spend time with her, when he promised they'd always be this happy and always spend the time together. Lately it seemed like all his promises were just slipping through the cracks.

No matter what her brain told her, her heart was on a whole different page; one she could never get past. Her heart was his. Her comfort zone was him; the first person who ever made her feel like she truly mattered in the world; she couldn't throw it all away, she wouldn't.

Getting out of her car, a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses in her hand, she smiled a large, somewhat fake smile and put on her brave face before walking up to the door, the smell of a pie wafting through the screen door.

"Your favourite is here!"She called as she walked into the house, catching her brother and Ethan smiling at one another as they cooked in their beautiful Kitchen Maggie was always insanely jealous of.

"My favourite sister!"Ethan yelled as he dropped his wooden on the cutting board and ran over to her, capturing her figure in his long armed embrace.

"I think he like you more than he likes me"Her brother said, rolling her eyes as he moved from hugging Ethan to hugging her.

"Wheres the cute blonde one?"Ethan asked, looking out front to see if he was still by the car, but sadly, for both of them, her boyfriend wasn't with her.

"Him and the boys are in meetings all day"She huffed as Connor took the roses from her.

"No mom yet?"She frowned, taking a seat at the kitchen Island while Ethan continued cooking for their first family dinner in months.

"No, Robert had to go visit his sister this morning, they should be down in about an hour"Maggie was too busy looking around their house, every time she visited them, they had redone a room or changed the colour, added a new theme or put another picture up.

"I love the living room, the yellow and white theme is amazing"

"You know Ethan, he went into Barnes and Nobles and bought almost everything from their home section "Connor said, rolling his eyes at the boy who was much taller than him.

"Don't bully him! It looks amazing E"Maggie smiled as she checked her phone, waiting for her grades to load and hoping for a text from Corbyn.

"I picked the wrong Rodriguez sibling"Ethan mumbled under his breath, earning a slap with an oven mitt from Connor.

"Ha! I knew he loved me more"Maggie beamed as she pointed to her brother. Ethan looked away from the frying pan and gave her a wink which made her smile. She wished she had more days like this. Fun, full of smiles, jokes and cooking. Days like this made her realize just how much she missed her brother.

"Okay seriously, have you gotten your grades back?"Connor asked, handing her a cup of ice cold water.

"Not for this semester, but I do know its looking good. I just for a thousand dollar check from USLA for my 4.0 gpa"

"Ive never been so proud of you"Connor told her, creating a brother sister moment before Ethan stepped in.

"Aw guys!Youre so cute. FAMILY HUG!!" He yelled, throwing his arms around the two which only made them roll their eyes.