Chap 1; new lifestyle

Alex's POV:

Alex's POV:

I finally get to see my younger sister all the time. I glanced over at the couch where she had been sitting on and she was laying down fast asleep on it, I smiled and walked into the kitchen to make some pasta. I glanced at the couch too see Lauren still fast asleep. She's my best friend. We've been close since we were younger. I walked into the living room and tapped Lauren on the shoulder.

"Laur, lunch is ready" I said with a smile,  "I made pasta". Lauren glanced up at me still half asleep.

"I'll be there in a sec" she said rubbing her eyes and yawning. I walked back into the kitchen and sat at the table and started to pray when I heard a gun shot which scared Laur. I looked in the living room and saw Laur looking all scared ready to cry. Lisa ran over to Laur Immediately and started to try to calm her down. After all she's only 9. I saw someone who I'd never seen before walking up the driveway. He was wearing a tie due shirt and looked to be 9 or 10. He knocked on the door. I opened the door.

"Hi. I'm sorry to bother but I'm Jason. I heard you guys recently moved here. I'm the neighbor and my mom wanted me to make some friends here."I said.

"Oh hi. I'm Alex. I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends at this house bc there's 11 of us kids and we're all in the range from 2-17. I'm 11". I said.

"Oh cool I'm 11 too. I was wondering if I could hang out with you guys" he said

"Of course. Come on in" I said moving out of the way so he could come in. He walked in and saw Laur and Lisa. Lisa waved. Lauren barely glanced up. Dani stared at him.

"Lolo calm down. You'll be fine. It was just a firework. Don't be scared Ladybug. It's gonna happen way more than once" she kept saying to Laur. Jason looked at Lauren.

"How old is she Alex?" He asked me kinda confused bc she acted like she's never heard something like that.

"Shes 9" I said. Jack looked at me and winked.

"She's kinda cute. I think she's cute" he said starting to blush. I smiled and started to laugh. My mom got home.

"Hello my children" she said looking at us and she looked at Jason , "who are you and what are you doing at my house?" She said kinda mad.

"I'm Jason and I'm the neighbor that just wanted to make some friends here." He said.

"Oh. Sorry for being rude. I'm Lynne, I'm the mother of this house and all the kids here" she said smiling at him and she shaked his hand firmly.

Laurens POV:

I got up after crying for like 10 minutes into Lisa's shirt. I looked at Alex and saw a guy I've never seen before with him and looked at him. He looked at me smiled and waved. I waved back, he was kinda cute. I looked at him for a second, he looked at me and smiled. He appeared to be Alex's age. All of the sudden I see a cop car in the driveway and cops walking up to the house. I get scared and run into my room. He knocks on the door.

"Hello, I'm dan. I heard there was a little girl here that someone wants to find. He said he was looking for her bc she was put up for adoption for like 2 hours and they still want her" he said.

"YOUR NOT TAKING MY LOLO FROM ME. SHES STAYING HERE SO JUST LEAVE" I heard Lisa yell so I locked my door.

"I have no choice" Dan said. Lisa started crying, really hard.

"YES YOU DO, BUT YOUR NOT TAKING MY LOLO FROM ME. SHES SAYING WITH US" Lisa yelled with a lot of anger.

"Fine" Dan said. He left. My mom hugged Lisa tightly and rubbed her back.

"I'm gonna go see if lolo is ok" Lisa said walking towards my room. She knocked on the door. I opened it and hugged her shaking and sorta crying.

"Lady bug, no need to cry. Nothing is gonna happen. Everything is staying the way it is for a while." She said trying to comfort me.