Prologue

What hurt the most wasn't being killed by his own sister - his own sister whom he had developed a forbidden, incestuous relationship with while both of them were alive - but standing here in front of her, Little Miss Living. Edith looked as beautiful as always even with her broken heart. Broken heart? Thomas' heart would have been broken into millions pieces right now, if only it was still beating.

Standing in front of Allerdale Hall with their eyes locked with each other's, sadness in Edith's eyes mirrored his just perfectly. And first, Thomas thought she much hated him guts for what he did, but no. There was not a slightest sign of anger in her ocean blue orbs. Just sorrow and sympathy. Edith reached her hand out and held it at the spot where his cheek was. God, Thomas didn't know a dead could still feel, but he could feel it, her skin, it was so warm - almost burning. Yet it was the most satisfying feeling he had ever experienced. Sure enough, it was because of how cold he became after his spirit left his body.

She would have been able to feel more than just a coldness on her palm, if Thomas hadn't turned into nothing but a sad energy, a lost soul. A ghost.

Sir Thomas then closed his eyes

Sir Thomas then closed his eyes. The reddish smoke flew from the crack, from where his sister stabbed him, and into the snowing atmosphere.

This was the goodbye, the last time he'd ever see his beloved wife before he let her go live her life where bright future was waiting for her, future he'd never come close for the ghost was now doomed to the place, doomed to suffer for the eternity.

He deserved it. He earned it all. For all the lives he had ruined, Thomas knew he had all of these coming.

The chilling wind blew through his body and it faded him. She didn't hold him back either, on the contrary, Edith just watched as he slowly disappeared, faded and blended into the snow until the girl could no longer see her passed away husband.

This was the goodbye.

"Goodbye, Thomas..."