*3*

Camille enjoyed baseball, a lot. It was because of her that Noah had watched it in the first place. She'd never actually been to a game, though, and by the third inning, she found herself cheering louder than her son. The guys had been so nice and hospitable. She never dreamed that professional athletes could be so caring.

Then there was Ender.

She sat down between innings and caught out of the corner of her eye as he waved to her son. She turned her attention to the popcorn in her hand and pretended that she hadn't seen.

"Mom," Noah tugged at her sleeve, "Ender is waving at us!"

"He did?"

"NO! He is-" Noah pointed, "Look!"

"Of course he is," Camille mumbled as she forced a smile and met Ender's gaze. She returned the wave and looked back at her son, "So, are you enjoying yourself?!"

"Are YOU enjoying yourself?" The nervous act of his mom didn't go unnoticed by the boy, "I think Mr. Ender is enjoying himself!"

Camille straightened out the jersey that she'd slid over her shirt and sighed. She focused all of her attention back onto the field as Freddie stepped up to bat, "We will wait here after the game, but don't get your hopes up for dinner. I'm sure he's busy, and will probably forget."

"He's not going to forget, mom. He is more excited than we are!" Noah rolled his eyes and facepalmed. Obviously, his mother was just too old to understand some things. He'd have to make sure he could catch her up, so she could clearly understand a few things.

____________

The game ended and the Braves had beaten the Phillies by four runs. Needless to say, it was an enjoyable game. Ender hadn't only focused on the game for an entire nine-innings, though. His mind, and eyes, were on the pair who he had met a few hours prior. He took the quickest shower and got changed before he hurried back out to the stands. He was surprised to see them still waiting.

"Hey, buddy-" He addressed Noah and let himself into the stands, "Thank you for waiting!"

Camille glanced up from her seat and was completely taken back by how he looked. She hadn't ever seen him in anything except a baseball uniform. So to say she was caught off guard by his nicely fitted t-shirt and jeans was a bit of an understatement, "You're welcome, but---" She stood and quickly turned her attention back to her son, "It's kind of late. And school comes early-"

"Mom, I don't have school on Saturdays," He blew hard and glanced up at Ender, "She's just grumpy because she has to work TWO shifts tomorrow."

"NOAH," Camille frowned and put her hand on his shoulder. She forced herself to look at Ender again, "I'm sorry. I'm not grumpy and I'm used to working so that's a lie-"

Ender laughed at their banter and shook his head, "It's okay, really. But I know two boys who are going to be VERY disappointed if you don't say yes."

Noah watched Ender fold his arms across his chest, and he mocked him, glaring at his mom, "What he said."

Camille hesitated but finally caved. Who was she to say no, "Alright, we'll go. How can I say no to that face," She stared at her son, but finally glanced up to Ender, "To either of you."

Noah and Ender high-fived each other and Ender turned to lead them out. Ender let Noah walk in front and he waited on Camille and placed his hand on her back as they exited the stadium, "Thank you for letting him do this," His voice was low, "It means a lot to me."