Chapter 1

"what the hell, where are my dance shoes!" I hear my sister, Taryn screaming from down the hall way.

I look up from my book briefly to the sound of her voice and roll my eyes. I continue to read my book about star crossed lovers and-

"sofie where are my dance shoes?!" she screams at me from my bedroom door.

"how should I know? I don't care about dancing and you know that, dance is your baby." I say looking up at her from behind my book.

"ya but knowing you, you love taking my stuff just to annoy me!" she said folding her arms and looking around my room.

"ha ya you right." I said laughing and reading my book.

Just before Taryn could say something my mom came up behind her with the dance shoes in her hand.

"thanks mom where did you find it?" she asked taking the shoes from my mom.

"it was behind fluffys bed" my mom said laughing.

My sister ran out the room in a hurry. My mother stood at the door and looked at me for a while. I looked up at her.

"yes?" I asked confused.

"oh nothing, just admiring what a beautiful girl you are." she said smiling.

"thanks mom." I said smiling at her.

She left my room and went down stairs. My sister and mother where about to leave for her dance classes.
I never understood why she loved dance like she does. But then again why do I love music, singing and art like I do.

I stood up and walked to my window and watched my mother and sister drive away. The dnace classes are normally 1 hour and 30 min. Plenty of time for me to have some peace.

I took a shower and did my hair, got dressed into some comfy clothes and jumped onto the couch with a cup of coffee and a bowl of pop corn. I switched on the TV to watch some music videos on MTV.

Suddenly there as a knock at my door,i jumped up and walked towards the door. When I opened it, to my surprise was my best friends Cindy and Dylan. They are both in my grade and class. Cindy is the brains of the grade and Dylan is my gay BFF. Every girl should have one.

"hey guys Come on in!" I said giving them each a hug as they enter.

"hey girl what's up?" Dylan asked me sitting down on my couch.

"well my mom and sister isn't at home, that's why I have the TV all to myself. I'm watching MTV and eating pop corn." I said laughing

"and what's new in your lives?" I asked piping a pop corn in my mouth.

"well Dylan has some news!" Cindy said giving him a bump on the arm.

"ya ok, so I actually met someone!" he said with the biggest smile on his face.

"what really! Omg I'm so happy for you!" I said giving him a hug.

"Thank you, his name is Josh and he is gorgeous." he said basically blushing.

"awwwwwwwwww" Cindy and I said at the same time.

"oh ya! Sofie how does it feel to be driving?" Cindy asked me stealing some of my pop corn.

"it's strange but cool at the same time, i feel free, like now I don't have to ask my mom can we go get this or that and I can just go and get it now." I said

"must be fun, can't wait to get my license." said cindy.

"ya same girl but until then you will be driving us around." Dylan said laughing.

"ya ya we will see about that!."i joked.

We where talking so much and joking around that before I knew it, my mom was almost at home again. My mom doesn't find anything wrong with them being there its just that normally she would like a warning before they came.

" alright guys sadly yall gotta leave cus my mom is gonna be here soon." I said

"alright, byeee girl see ya at school!" Dylan said giving me a hug followed by Cindy.

I walked them to the door and closed it behind them.

I went back to the couch and continued watching MTV. Not long after that my mother and sister came back. My sister came running to me with the biggest smile on her face.

"and that smile?" I asked looking at her strangely.

"i got the lead part in the next dance Concert."she said basically jumping out of her shoes.

" wow congrats sis. " said giving her a high five.

" it's 80s themed and I'm playing a girl named baby for this movie called dirty dancing." she said smiling.

" ooooooh I love that movie, you are so lucky!" I said

"what is dirty dancing about?" she asked me sitting down next to me on the couch.

"well it's about a girl, who is shy, and can't dance at all and she falls in love with a older man who is a dnace teacher at a holiday house they went to. So he taught her how to dance and they also got closer and closer until they where a couple." I said to her.

" oh wow that's actually gross but cool at the same time" she said looking at me.

I giggled and nodded my head.

She ran up stairs to get dressed and showered while I sat down stairs on the couch.

I wonder what it would be like to be baby. Must be fun...

Hey guys hope u enjoyed the first chapter! Please vote and leave a friendly comment! And tell me if I should continue with this story🦄