Dash And Violet's Nightmares

Asta's pov:

I yawned, what time is it?
I look over to my digital clock, on my bedside table, 23:56.
Guess it's time to get off my phone and go to bed.
As soon as the clock struck 12, I was fast asleep.
At roughly 2:30 in the morning, I heard a quiet, high pitched scream.
This jolted me from my strange dream back to reality.
I quickly scrambled out of bed and went to check Violets room.
As soon as I got there, she was stumbling out of her room, going towards my room.
I stopped her by grabbing her shoulders gently while giving her a moment to come to her senses.
She was finally back and looked at me with so much love, I was slightly scared.
Violet hugged me with too much force that we almost fell over.
Almost immediately, I felt my night gown getting wet and I realized that she was crying.
I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my bed.
I laid down next to her as she cried into my gown.
At about 3:05, we were both soundly asleep.
I was dreaming about my favourite singer dancing with me but I was interrupted by a violent shaking in my shoulder.
As I awoke, I noticed that someone was shaking me.
I looked at the black clock and saw 4:32, which surprised me.
When I looked up, I saw blonde hair and blue eyes, with tear stains down his face.
My face instantly contorted into one of concern and fear.
It was Dash, and he wasn't even crying, he was full on having a panic attack.
As I pulled away from Violet, I tried to get Dash to calm down.
"Hey hey hey, Dash, you need to calm down, ok? Breathe with me, Innnnnn and ouuuuuttt, innnnnnnn and ouuuuttt. Good, keep doing that, let's go get you some water and we can talk about what happened," I comforted.
As we went to the kitchen, Dash had calmed down visibly.
He had stopped hyperventilating and shaking, instead he was just crying and sobbing.
I got some cold water for him and we sat down on the sofa (couch for all you Americans).
"Now, tell me what happened, Dash. You never cry, Nevermind have a panic attack. You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" I questioned, very worried.
"Y-yeah I know. I h-had a ni-night
m-mare. That's all. I'm sorry-"
"For what? It's not your fault you had a nightmare, or that you panicked. It's no ones fault." I interrupted.
"But I woke you up so I'm sorry, I could tell that you were already up late with Vi. I just didn't know what to do," Dash explained, with a frown on his cute face.
"Alright then. You did the right thing, though. What was your nightmare about?" I queried.
"You and Vi and J.J were all in front of me and I had to watch you all die. I couldn't save you," he sobbed.
"Oh kiddo, that will never happen. I won't let it. You are a lot stronger than you think you are. You are a lot faster than you think you are. You are better than you think you are. I love you just the way you are. We all do. Now we better get some sleep for school tomorrow." I lectured.
I led Dash to my room and tucked him in between me and Violet.
At 5:23, Dash and I were sleeping softly next to Violet.

The next morning, we slept past my beeping alarm.
When Mum and Dad, who had J.J in their arms, came to check Dash's room, there was no one there.
They panicked a little, then checked Violet's room and again saw nothing.
They almost ran to my room to see if I was alright, which I was.
When they saw all three of us snuggled together, they were stunned.
Dash still had tear stains down his face and I had a soaking gown, while Violet was buried underneath the covers.
My parents and J.J had soft smiles on their faces.
"Bob, I think we should let them sleep, it looks like they had a rough night. Let's call the schools." Mum told Dad.
Dad simply nodded his head in awe at 3 out of his 4 kids.

When we woke up, we just snuggled and watched movies all day, just the 3 of us.

The end of Chapter one.
Published on Sunday 08/07/18.
It is 781 words long.
Please leave suggestions and ideas in the comments.
Have a good day/night.
~Lexi