After Death- the mother

My second daughter had loved me once. The once was a long time ago though. It was before I had betrayed her, left her, and made her wait for me- a mother who would never be coming back home.

I had seen the good parts of me in her. I wish I had redeemed myself to gain her trust again.

Husband had the same burning hatred in him, but his eyes were sad. Now I'm sure they glow with me gone.

I can't look over them for I am too far under, burning with that same flame of my wrong doing. And I knew I would be here. The stars were met for the pure of hear- the righteous ones. I knew as soon as I laid eyes on the man I would cheat on my husband with that I would never become one of the stars.

I am convinced he was Satan himself, pulling me into his trap, taking me from everything I ever cared about. My two daughters and a husband that should have been enough.

My first daughter had forgiven me, her heart too soft to let me be alone even after death. She buried my coffin in flowers. That's the last image I will ever have of her.

But my second daughter never could mend her heart back enough to forgive me. I had ripped it to too many pieces. I am sorry. I try to whisper it to her, but I am too far gone. I should have done it sooner.

Now I am forever rotting away in this underworld, never truly gone but not alive enough to get to stand beside my family ever again.

So I touch a flame near me and let it burn me, finally accepting my fate.