Chapter 1: Let's Put On Our Mean Faces

You were sitting in your seat at the bridge of the ship, looking out of the window, thinking over the last few years. 

It had been four years since you and the others dealt with Ego. Four years!! You couldn't believe it, it only felt like yesterday when you guys had the funeral for Yondu. But ever since that day, everyone grew closer to each other. You and Peter, especially, grew closer. Ever since both of you confessed your feelings for each other, you two became inseparable. It was a rare thing to see one without the other when it came to you two.

Sure you still had fights amongst each other but by the end of the day, both of you say I'm sorry and I love you to each other and everything was back to normal. Or as normal as two humans on a spaceship with different species as friends could get. Then, last week, something amazing happened. You still couldn't believe that it happened. You never thought that this would happen to you.

Peter asked you to be his wife. 

It was crazy! You first thought he was joking but he informed you that he wasn't. "I've never felt this way before, (y/n)." He said as both of you were standing on the deck of the ship, in front of the windows. "I think, deep down, I've always loved you. But I guess I was too scared to admit it." He said. "Or maybe it was because you were afraid of commitment." You said him, smirking.

Peter chuckled and said. "Well, I'm over that. I want you to be by my side, for the rest of my life. Unlike the other girls I've been with, you're not a one-night stand. I want you every night, laying next to me. (Y/N), I want you to be my wife." Your eyes widen at this as you began to stammer. "A-A--Are you serious?" You asked, shocked. Peter nods and said. "I've never been more serious in my life. I love you. And I will always be there for you....and I'll love you until the day I die." Tears streamed down your face as you said. "Oh, Pete! I love you too. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you as well."

"Does that mean...?" He started to asked but you smile then lean up and kissed him. "Does that answer your question?" You whispered to him once you pull away from his lips. "That's....that's awesome!" He exclaims as he wraps his arm around your waist and spins around as he holds you up. You giggled at this as you kiss him once more.

He didn't have a ring but he made one a few days later and gave it to you once you two made the announcement to the rest of the Guardians. It wasn't the most beautiful ring, since it was made out of scrap metal, but you didn't care. To you the ring was perfect. Everyone was very happy for you, well Drax and Mantis were well more than overjoyed about your engagement. Gamora was extremely happy for you and Rocket, even though he didn't really show it, he was happy for you as well. He informed you that Groot was happy as well, even though he was too busy playing video games.

You smiled at the memory as you look down at the ring when you heard an alarm go off. You look at the screen in front of you and noticed that a distress call was coming through. You tapped on it and listened to it.

This is the Asgardian refugee vessel. We are under assault. I repeat, we are under assault. Aliens are dead, sliced open...

Requesting aid from any vessel within range...

Our crew is made of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here.

This is not a war craft, I repeat, this is not a war craft.

"Guys!" You shouted after you heard the transmission. "Guys! We've got a job!"

Peter, Drax, Gamora, Mantis, Rocket and Groot, who was too busy playing a video game, walk on deck. "What is it?" Peter asked. "An Asgardian vessel is in trouble. I'm getting the coordinates right now!" You said as you tap away on your screen while the others start to take their respected seats.