Chapter 2: Are You Mocking Me?

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: To bring balance to the Universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre." Gamora informed as all of you stand, or sit, as you guys listened to her. "If he gets all six Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers, like this." She said as she snaps her fingers to demonstrate.

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos." Thor, as you learned his name, said to her as he finished eating the bowl of food you gave him.
"Gamora...is the daughter of Thanos." Drax replied to him and Thor stares at Gamora. He gets up from his seat and said to her. "Your father killed my brother." And he starts to walk towards her.

"Oh, boy." You muttered, nervously, scared that Thor would hurt Gamora. "Stepfather. Technically, she hates him as much as you do." Peter said to Thor as he gets up in Gamora's face. 

Surprisingly, he doesn't attack her, he places a hand on her shoulder and said. "Family can be tough. Look. Before my father died, he told me I had a half-sister...that he imprisoned in Hell. Then she returned home, and stabbed me in the eye, so...I had to kill her. It's life, there was nothing else. And I feel your pain."
"I'm so sorry, Thor." You said, apologetically. "That's a bummer of what you had to go through."

"Hey, I've been through a lot too!" Peter said and you roll your eyes as you look over at him. "My father killed my mother, then I had to kill my father. And that was hard. Probably even harder than having to kill a sister. Plus, I came out with both of my eyes." He said and you shake your head. "It's not a competition, Pete." You said as Thor holds up his spoon and said. "I need a hammer, not a spoon..." then he walks away from everyone and goes over to panel and starts typing in the code to open the hatch.

"How do I open this thing? Is there some sort of a four-digit code maybe... Maybe a birth date or something..." he mutters as he types in some random numbers. "What are you doing?" You asked him. "Taking your pod." Thor replied as he continued pushing random numbers.

Peter walks up to him, clears his throat, and said in a deeper voice, similar to Thor's voice. "No, you're not!" Thor looks over at Peter in confusion as Peter continues with the voice. "You'll not be taking our pod today, sir."

"Quill. Are you making your voice deeper?" Rocket asked him. Peter stands there for a moment and replies. "No."

"You are. You're imitating the god-man. It's weird." Drax said. "No I'm not." Peter said in the same deep voice. "He just did it again!" Mantis gasped as she points at him. "This is my voice!" Peter said still in the same voice.

At that moment Thor walks over to Peter and the two men were now face to face with each other as Thor glares at Peter. "Are you mocking me?" He asked in a low threatening tone. "Are you mocking me?" Peter asked back in the same low voice. "You just did it again." said Thor. Peter makes a small smirk then faces the rest of you and said. "He's trying to copy me."

"Enough! We need to stop Thanos. Which means we need to find out where he's going next." Gamora shouts, obviously annoyed by this whole exchange.

"Knowhere." Thor replied as he walks away from Peter and starts to look around the ship for supplies. "He must be going somewhere." said Drax.
"No. Knowhere. It's a place." Thor replied as he grabs an empty bag.
"We've been there. It sucks." Peter said, in his normal voice, as Thor found food and starts putting food into his bag. "Excuse me, that's our food." Peter exclaimed, angrily. "Not anymore." replied Thor.

"Thor...Why would he go to Knowhere?" You asked him. "Because for years, reality stone has been safely stored, there with a man we call the collector." He replied. "If it's with the Collector, then it's not safe. Only an idiot would give that man a stone." said Gamora. "Or a genius." Thor said.

"How do you know he's not going for one of the other stones?" You asked.
"There's six stones out there. Thanos already has the Power Stone because he stole it last week, when he decimated Xandar. He stole the Space Stone from me. When he destroyed my ship and slaughtered half my people. The Time and Mind Stones are safe on Earth. They're with the Avengers." He replied

"The Avengers?" All of you asked, confused.

"They're Earth's Mightiest Heroes." Thor says.

"Like Kevin Bacon?" Mantis asked him.

"He may be on the team. I don't know. Haven't been there in a while." Thor said as he shrugs. "As for the Soul Stone, no one's ever seen that. No one even knows where it is. Therefore, Thanos can't get it. Therefore, he's going to Nowhere. Hence, he'll be getting the Reality Stone. You're welcome."

"Then we have to go to Knowhere now." Gamora said after a few moments of silence of her standing there in shock. "Wrong. Where we have to go, is Nivadellir." Thor replied. "That's a made up word." Drax said to him. "All words are made up." Thor mutters as he continues to gather up supplies. 

"Nidavellir is real? Seriously? I mean, that place is a legend. They make the most powerful, horrific weapons to ever torment the Universe. I would very much like to go there, please." Rocket said, excitedly. Thor smiles and said. "The rabbit is correct, and clearly the smartest one."

"Rabbit?" Rocket said, confused, as you bite your lips to keep you from busting out laughing.

"Only Eitri the dwarf king can make me the weapon I need." Thor said then he turns to Rocket and said. "I assume you're the captain, sir?"

"You're very perceptive." replied Rocket with a smirk.

"You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me on my quest to Nivadellir?" Thor asked. "Lemme just ask the captain. Wait a second, it's me! Yeah, I'll go." Rocket replied, enthusiastically. "Wonderful." Thor said as he and Rocket start to walk down a hallway to the door to the escape pod.

"Except that I'm the captain." Peter exclaimed.

"Quiet." Rocket mutters to him as he grabs a backpack. "And that's my backpack." Peter shouts. "Quill, sit down." said Drax. "Look, this is my ship. And I'm not going to...Wait, what kind of weapon are we talking about here?" Peter said as he looks over at Thor.

"The Thanos killing kind." He replied.

"Don't you think that we should all have a weapon like that?" You asked him. "No. You simply lack the strength to wield them. Your bodies will crumble as you minds collapse to the madness." Thor replied.

"Is it weird that I wanna do it even more now?" Rocket asked. "A little bit. Yeah." Peter mutters. "If we don't go to Nowhere and Thanos retrieves another stone, he'll be too powerful to stop." said Gamora. "He already is." Thor informed her.

"I got it figured out. We got two ships, and the largest go with the morons. So me and Groot will go with the pirate-angel here, and the morons will go to Knowhere to try and stop Thanos." said Rocket. "Cool? Cool." 

"So cool." Thor mutters.

"For the record...I know that you're only going with him because it's where Thanos isn't." Peter said to Rocket as he leans in closer to him. "You know, you shouldn't talk that way to your captain, Quill." Rocket said as Thor climbs into the pod. Rocket makes his way to it as he shouts over his shoulder. "Come on, Groot. Put that game down. You'll rot your brain." He said as Groot walks over to them as he continues to play the game.

All three were strapped in as Thor smiles at you and the others and said. "I bid you farewell and good luck, morons. Bye." Then the door closed and the ship takes off leaving you guys two man short on this mission to take down one of the most powerful beings in the universe.