𝑇 𝑊 𝐸 𝐿 𝑉 𝐸

Diana

I need to woman up and figure out what I'm gonna do. Now I know the baby is Calum's my whole life is gonna change.

I'm most likely going to lose my job, my home, respect. I'm gonna need to be prepared emotionally for that.

I need to tell Calum immediately and I don't need to procrastinate. I unlocked the bathroom door and wiped my eyes.

Walking out I felt all eyes on me but they weren't. I looked normal to them even though my life has just begun to fall apart.

It was free time so I knew Calum would be upstairs to himself, after what happened that last time with Jack.

As I walked to his cell my legs felt like jelly. I was nervous even though he'd be ecstatic. I was scared of what was to come.

He got up from his bed seeing me. His face went from happy to concern when we looked into each other's eyes.

"Hey what's wrong?"

I sighed, "I think you need to sit down for this."

We both sat on the bed and he took my hands in his, "What's going on?"

My hands were shaking and my breathing was irregular, "C-Calum you're the father."

His eyes widened and his grip tightened on my hands. He let go and hugged me. At that moment I just let everything out.

The guilt, the shame, being afraid, everything.

He pulled back and looked me in my eyes. He brought his hand up to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

"We're gonna get through this. I promise you."

I nodded. I knew we were gonna get through this but I also know it's not gonna be easy.

After a long day when I got home, I just crashed on the couch, not even caring about Adam.

I woke up to no Adam in the house. Huh, that's weird.

I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a post from Joy; Calum's mom.

Shouldn't I message her? I mean I am carrying her grandchild but won't it be awkward? What if she hates me? She barely even knows me for crying out loud.

I sat there and thought before messaging her my number and just telling her we need to talk. I don't know if she'd respond but it was worth a try.

After sending my number Adam stumbled through the front door. I got up and walked over to him, "Are you seriously drunk right now?"

He chuckled, "Whatsit to you?"

I scoffed, "Whatsit to me? I was wondering where you were! You could've gotten in a wreck!"

He pushed past me and started stomping to the room. I chased after him and stopped him. He turned around with his arms crossed glaring at me.

"Get off my back." He mumbled.

"Maybe you shouldn't come home drunk and I would. You always accuse me of cheating but who's to say you didn't do something while you were out."

He raised his hand up and smacked me across my face causing me to fall to the ground. I held my cheek and looked up at him. By the look on his face, he instantly regretted what he did. He knew he'd fucked up.

I got up and he chased after me apologizing over and over. I wasn't listening to his words I was just shoving clothes in my duffel bag. The place on my face stung and the hot tears ran down my face.

I swung the bag over my shoulder and started to walk to the front door.

He stopped me by grabbing my wrist, as I opened the door, "Where are you going?!"

I yanked my arm back and looked him dead in the eyes, "Far away from you."
^
I went out the door, getting into my car, and drove away to a better place.

I pulled up to Nina's house and knocked on the door. She opened the door looking like she'd just woken up. She was half asleep until she saw my face. She hugged me, grabbed my bag, and brought me inside.

I told her all that happened with Adam and she just had this shocked look on her face.

"Aww, sis I am so sorry." She frowned.

I shrugged, "I deserve it for everything I've done. Cheating, now being pregnant, I'm a horrible person." I started to cry again.

She wiped my tears, "No don't ever say that. There is no excuse for a man to hit a woman, ever. Unless it's self-defense but Adam was way out of line. None of that was your fault."

I just hugged Nina again. She's the best and really all I have right now.

The next morning for work I knew I'd come in looking rough. My eyes were puffy from crying, my hair was in a messy bun, and a bruise had formed on my cheek. Nina and I tried to cover it with makeup but it was no use. The worst part of my day though would be facing Adam.

Everybody looked at me as they ate breakfast. Even the Misfits. Calum just stared at me then would shift his eyes over to Adam. He was boiling with anger, I knew he was. After breakfast, he stomped upstairs and I followed without anyone noticing.

When I got to his cell he was punching the wall, leaving blood marks on the wall. I grabbed his wrist and made him face me.

"Calum stop."

"He did this to you, didn't he? Adam. I'll fucking kill him."

I sighed, "Calum just calm do-" He cut me off.

"Calm down! No! He shouldn't have hit you period. His excuse is probably bullshit." He started to raise his voice and getting angrier by the minute.

I grabbed his face and kissed him. I felt his tenseness disappear and his face soften. I pulled back and put my hand on his cheek, "Calum don't do this. Think of our child and me. We don't need you in jail anymore longer than you already are."

He sighed, "Ok. Of course, I understand."

I gave him a peck on the lips and smiled, "Good."

"Have you told him yet?" I instantly knew what he was talking about, I just looked down.

"No."

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "Ok but when you do tell him stuff is going to start happening and we need to talk about it.

"Like what?"

"Well I'm not the smartest person but I know when you tell him, you're gonna get kicked out and might lose your job. I'm not gonna let you be homeless and pregnant."

"So, what does that mean?"

He crossed his arms, "You're gonna have to talk to my mom."

I groaned, "That's the last thing I wanted to do; be a burden."

"Babe you're not gonna be a burden. You're literally carrying her first grandchild."

Oof that made me feel some type of way.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded, "Yes I'm positive she won't mind, I promise you. I can talk to her and my sister already loves you."

I smiled, "Ok I'll talk to her."

He kissed me and at that moment I had hope.

Maybe things will be ok.