Food Hunting

Sagang doesn't eat spicy food, so do I.
Sagang loves greasy food, so do I.
So....shall we both go for a food hunting then?

----

Sun is striking its ray above my head as I'm sprinting toward the subway station, holding tight my sling bag. I take a glance on my wrist watch as I go down the stairs. It reads 11.15 AM.

"Oh damn it. I'm gonna get a great nagging," I grumble to myself, putting my right hand into my bag to reach for my smart phone.

As soon as I take it out, it buzzes and rings Me and My Broken Heart song. I let out a heavy sigh seeing at the caller. Inhale sharply, I pick up the call.

"Darling, you're late," the voice on the line speaks. The voice is husky and alluring. It is pretty nice to listen to.

"I know I'm late and-wait a second," I furrow my brows, noticing something. "What did you call me, Jeong Sagang?"

"Whoops. Thought you won't notice that," Sagang laughs heartily over the line. "When will you get here, noona? I'm hungry already," he whines like a child he is.

"I'm already at subway station," I say as my eyes catch the coming train. "Train is here. 5 minutes and I'll be there. See ya."

----

"So...care to tell why you're late, noona?" Sagang shoots, having his arms cross with a raised brow. "I waited for you for like an hour?"

"I slept late last night and woke up late. That's it," I press my lips into a thin line, expecting a long arse nagging from the boy in front of me. It's my fault for being late anyway.

Sagang clasps his hands together and brightly grins, showing a set of his white teeth. "Alright. Let's do this. Buy me a meal then I won't fuss about it, deal?"

I squint my eyes and give him a suspicious stare. When was the last time he didn't nag at me? I don't remember.

"You okay, kid?" I ask. There's a hint of skeptical in my voice.

Sagang rolls his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. He is probably half expecting my reaction. "Noona. Deal or not?" He asks, raising a brow. He waits for me to answer.

I shrug. The deal is better than nagging I guess. "Deal."

Sagang smiles happily as he celebrates it energetically. "Yes! One less meal to pay." I can just shake my head watching him. Sneaky boy.

"God, you are so annoying. Let's go!" I grab his arm and hook with mine, dragging him as I start walking. "We have many cafes and restaurants to visit."

It was a week ago when Sagang proposed a food hunting plan since he found out we both can't eat spicy food and we both love greasy food. It was a great plan so I agreed to it immediately. Sagang was ecstatic that we got to carry out the plan. That's just how much he loves eating, people.

10 minutes later, we finally arrive at Railway Station cafe. The cafe serves real Italian food and we are excited to have them. Sagang pulls the brown handler of the door and, like a gentleman he is, he lets me go in first. I mouth him a thank you and entered the cafe. Italian food scent immediately hits my smell sensory. The scent definitely makes my mouth salivate.

The overall interior of the cafe is made of wood. All those wooden table and chairs look pretty nice and cool. There is a worker standing right behind the counter, greeting us with a bright smile. We head over to the counter and place an order. An Italian pizza: Pizza Margherita, Spaghetti carbonara, Lasagna and Tiramisu cake for desserts.

Our order arrives 15 minutes later. The aroma of the food is so enchanting. It does smell like real Italian food. I can practically feel the heat coming from the baked pizza. The pizza will surely taste great. The spaghetti looks so creamy and the lasagna looks just great. Not to mention the delicious looking Tiramisu cake, my favorite.

I stare at all the food we ordered and look up at Sagang. He's obviously drooling and doesn't have effort to cover it at all. Man, is he that hungry?

"Are you sure you can finish those?" I ask, rhetorically. The only one I ordered is the lasagna. The rests are his. Even my favorite Tiramisu cake. Can't touch his food otherwise he will become Hulk. For real.

"Noona. Why bother asking if you already know the answer?" Sagang asks, already blinded by the food. He only has his eyes on the food at the moment and not even bother to look up at me to talk. His excitement is amusing. I let out a chuckle.

"You're so adorable, you know that?" I utter, shaking my head in amusement. Sagang is really one of a kind.

"I know," Sagang replies. I notice his cheeks turn to slightly pink shade. A second later, he digs up his food passionately.

I'm finishing the last bit of lasagna when Sagang slides the Tiramisu plate towards me. Wiping smudges off my lips, I ask,

"Are you giving it to me?"

Sagang nods.

I furrow my brows. Something is wrong with this kid. I'm 100% sure. I raise my hand and put on his forehead. Hmm the temperature is fine. I clasp my hands on the table and stare at him.

"Sagang, you okay?" I ask, worrying. "Did you hit your head somewhere yesterday?"

Sagang just looks at me and lets out a chuckle. He shakes his head, answering no to my questions.

"Noona, you can have it," he says.

"Really? Really really?" I ask for confirmation. I obviously do want it. It's my favorite for goodness sake. Sagang rapidly nods and grins. My eyes light up at the sight of the cake, slowly pulling it towards me.

Just before I dig up, Sagang utters something that I never see it coming.

"But noona, if you eat that you gotta date me."