CHAPTER 1

I stared through the window in amusement. I had never seen buildings so tall and elegant "I'm gonna love it here mom" I declare  to my mother, she looked at me with insincerity in her eyes and said "oh, but you would." My mom and I have never been close ever since Midas my dad passed away, she redrew from me by the second. Now we were moving into her new boyfriend's apartment in the heart of Los Angeles.

Stella Stella Stella I feel a slap on my thigh only then did I noticed that I slept off and the car was now packed in front of a suburban duplex, "get off Stella!" my mom screeched "and come and greet your new dad like a respectful daughter would" she concludes while leaning up to press a kiss to her 'boyfriend' I can never call him dad. He is a huge man with giant biceps, I once dreamt that he strangled me to death "Good day, Mr Damascus" I whisper as I step out of the taxi we came in, "hello, Stella come on let me show you to your new room" He says while turning around to head in to the house with his hands on my mom's derriere if I may add, a really troubling sight.

My bedroom is quite big with a little bed on the bed, well big enough for the sixteen year old that I am. I begin to unpack my clothes into the large wardrobe, I mean who uses a wardrobe larger than her bed, I wonder.
"Stella, unpack quickly and come help me make dinner you ungrateful child!" my mom yells from downstairs, "coming" I yell back giving a loud sigh, as I quickly put my things away. Today makes my stay here a week, and my mom hasn't even mentioned anything about school to me. Well I'm going to ask her today I say to myself heading down the stairs.
I meet her in the Kitchen peeling potatoes, "Mom, when am I resuming school?" I question.
She drops the peeler in her hand and gives me her full attention "I don't have any money to waste on sending you to school" she says simply, My head reels "what do you mean mom?" I stutter in shock, "I said you were going to enjoy and have fun, didn't I?" she asks, and then concludes when I just keep staring at her "all you have to do is wait". I look at her for a full two minutes before asking "what about the fortune dad left behind?", She let out a humorless laugh before taking a step closer to me "Where do you think we got this house from? Whose Money do you think furnished this house? You're dad is dead and gone that entitles me to his fortune so you're gonna have to live it that way!" She spat, I flinched feeling tears gathering in my eyes, I turn around and run up the stairs to my room slamming the door behind me.

I cry myself to sleep, and when I wake up my stomach rumbles, I stand up, wash my face and then head downstairs for my dinner. As I enter the kitchen I glance at the alarm clock on the counter, the time says 10 o'clock, wow I slept a lot I exclaim as I head towards the refrigerator. I open it and it releases a gentle squeak, I stare inside and pick out milk and cereal.