Chapter 58 - Official

I finger combed my hair as puckered my lips as I put on lipstick. Then admired myself at the reflection after.

I don't know why but I just felt like curling my hair today. Sabi ni Rachel ay imimeet namin ang client. Finally I get to meet him today.

What are the chance that Eris and this guy live in the same condominium? During the elevator ride I text Eris that I'm in his condo. That I'm going to meet this client.

He just say ingat. When his reply is that short, meaning he is busy so I just ignored it. Hindi ko siya masyado kinukulit pag busy siya o may nililigawan siyang client.

When I reached the penthouse, nagtaka ako kung bakit nakikita ko ang designs na napili ko for this proposal. Hindi pa dapat ngayon ang plano at ang plan ay magmimeeting lang kami but I kept walking.

Si Rachel ay naiwan sa baba dahil mag comfort room daw siya muna and now I think I know why.

My plan came into life and standing at the end is Eris holding a bouquet of pink and red roses. I almost cried right there because he is so beautiful.

Like a devil that he is, he is wearing all black. Black longsleeves that is folded and tuck into a black jeans. And his hair! Don't get me started with the hair. Hindi niya inaayos ang buhok niya pag walang okasyon dahil tamad siya but today he brushed it for me.

Standing at his back is my Aunt and my sister. Milliken! This brat! Sa kadaldalan niyang 'yan hindi niya nabanggit 'to sa akin? Then I saw Rachel at the corner like a event planner that she is, is smiling while holding her thumbs up to me.

Our friends are there as well while patting Eris' back and pushing him because I was stoned and couldn't walk by myself anymore.

Nanghina ang tuhod ko sa nakikita ko. I let out a sob and sat down. This is too much. Just too much for me.

All those times Eris kept asking me to marry him, and those times I said yes. This is it! He is proposing to me officially!

He stayed wherever he is and before it happened I already know what is coming because duh, I planned this proposal myself! So much for effort, Eris.

He broke into a song. Actually all of his friends. Natatawa ako dahil pati si Azriel ay nakikita kong kumakanta. He may looked annoyed but he is laughing and all of them are enjoying this song number.

Too many billion people
Running around the planet
What is the chance in heaven
That you'd find your way to me?

Tell me what is this sweet sensation?
It's a miracle that's happened
Though I search for an explanation
Only one thing it could be --

Then its's just Eris singing while walking towards me.

That I was born for you
It was written in the stars
Yes, I was born for you
And the choice was never ours
It's as if the powers of the universe
Conspired to make you mine
And til the day I die,
I bless the day that I was born for you

"Kainis ka! Bakit mo ba ako pinapaiyak?" Sabi ko habang umiiyak. "'Yung make up ko." Dagdag ko pa.

He's not singing anymore but it's playing in the background. Everything is going as planned. Si Eris lang ang wala sa plano ko.

This was meant for someone else not me but I will admit as I was making this happen, kinikilig ako dahil kahit na hindi sumali ang lalaki sa planning ay makikita mo pa rin effort niya because the idea is all his. And I only realized now that the guy is Eris and he's been with me all along planning this.

Nagmimeet pala sila secretly ni Rachel. All of them are meeting without me. Kaya pala napapadalas ang pagiging busy niya.

"So I'm the deal you're closing huh?"

He gave me his boyish smile. "Would you let me?"

Our friends are chanting in the background. YES YES YES YES

"Hmm.. pagiisipan ko pa. Let me hear your speech first."

The bouquet he gave to Milliken. Kinilig naman ang kapatid ko na akala mo sa kanya nagpropose.

He cleared his throat and looked around.

"I'm sorry but can we have a moment? I just want this to be just us." He smiled apologetically at everyone.

They went out of the penthouse. Doon sila sa labas ng glass door pero maririnig pa rin naman nila if gusto talaga nilang makinig.

Hindi pa rin siya nagsalita. His words just left him and I know from how he stand that he is nervous so in order to calm him down I touch his hair. "I like your hair. Bagay sayo, lalo ka naging gwapo."

He just smiled a hint that he is really nervous because usually he rejoice at that.

"Just so you know hindi ako walang kwenta katulad ng iniisip mo. I just don't want you to have a clue that the proposal you're planning is actually for you."

Think about a twist in that. In the future I will tell our kids that I planned my own proposal without me knowing it.

"I know. And?" Tumaas ang kilay ko.

He let out a big exhale. "And I've been planning this with your family for a long time and you know that I always ask you to marry me and trust me wala ni isa doon na hindi ako seryoso but now I just want to officially ask you to marry me. Ang dami natin pinagdaanan simula kung paano tayo nagkakilala hanggang sa kung paano tayo nagkita ulit. Everything even the fights are the best with you. We still have a lot to fight about but I want to do all of that with you." He said and I'm not sure but I think he's crying because he paused to wipe the tears from the corner of his eyes.

"Okay." He sniffs and I laughed. "I don't want to ever say good night and watch your back as you walk into your house. I want it to be the two of us walking into our house, while me holding your hand of course. I want to kiss you good night instead of kissing you good bye. Wait, did I say that already? I had this script written and memorized but I can't remember a word right now. So I'll just ask this, will you marry me?"

"In one condition." I held up a finger.

He frowned.

"Don't ever sing again. Please?" I said then he frowned further.

"I thought you like my singing?"

"Hmm not really." I chuckled.

"Then we have nothing to talk about." He said as he feign to turn around.

"Eris." I laughed. "Yes."

"Yes! I want to marry you." I said louder.

"Okay, let's do this again." Sabi niya at lumuhod sa harapan ko and pulled out the ring. "Marry me, Mor."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes!"

Then biglang nagsigawan ang mga kaibigan namin. I knew they were listening. Knowing them.

It's not how long we've been together but for me it's what kind of a person he is.

And he's the kind that I want to spend the rest of my life bickering with.

"Yes." I said while laughing and crying at the same time.

He slid the ring in my ring finger and I take my time to just process all of this. It is real this time!

Eris is officially my fiancee!