-prolouge-

troye pulled his hood up over his brown curls and looked down at the ground. he ignored everyone as he walked into his high school. he hated everyone there anyways.

he made his way to his locker and opened it, shoving most of his stuff in there besides a couple books he needed for his first period. he closed his locker and locked it. he used to not lock his locker as it was too much of a pain for him to open it but now he has to lock it. 

troye grabbed his books and started heading to his homeroom. he kept his head down in the hallways trying to stay invisible and avoid everyone's prying eyes. he felt as if everyone was targeting him and judging him. but what's new.

troye walked into his classroom and sat in the back of the room, next to the one person he could actually stand in this school. connor franta.

troye and connor had met in 6th grade at their first band concert. they quickly became close friends and they still are pretty close, just not as much as before. the year before 11th grade troye had started acting.... different. he wouldn't ask to hang out anymore, he didn't like to talk to people, and he mainly just stayed in his room writing and playing his beat-up uke.

troye had become more reserved and with that he distanced himself from connor and anyone else he liked to call his "friend." although connor was the only one who stuck around and dealt with troyes new... attitude.

troye had always been picked on in school, usually it wasn't too terrible. just a couple mean names here and there. no biggie for him, it didn't bother him in the slightest.

that was a lie.

the bullying started escalating in 10th grade. troye had finally come out to everyone as gay at the age of 15. almost everyone was accepting of him. but there was always those people who were not so accepting. those people were the bradley gang.

the bradley gang was what everyone in the school called them. the gang consisted of bradley, the leader of course, then noah, gage, and hunter.

the main bullies of the school, everyone hates them, but everyone is also too pussy to stand up to them. including troye. he wasn't letting that keep him up at night though. it was better for him just to stay out of the gangs way. that makes his life much easier.

troye perks up from his daydreaming as the teacher walks into the room and starts announcing something that seems important.

"class, today we have a new student joining us!"

____

what do ya think so far? sorry this is kinda bad it's almost midnight and I'm sleep deprived.

- emma
july 10th, 2018