Nasty Plot

I was as excited as a kid that had just finished chugging down an entire bag of sugar. As soon as the car pulled to a stop I opened the door and leaped out, starting to run across the parking lot. In my haste I tripped and fell face first into the pavement, but I quickly leaped back up, brushed myself off, and continued my trek onwards. I was already at the door when I realised I had left my DS in the car.

I turned and started running back to the car, "Daddy! Daddy!! My DS!!" I urgently screeched to him, as if we were under attack.

"I got it!" He called back to me as he got out of the car. I sighed in relief as I saw my beloved pink DS in his hands.

"Gimme it!" I told him as I raced up to him, tried to pry my treasure out of his grip.

"No, I'm carrying it in. I don't want you breaking it, like you would have just a minute ago when you tripped and fell."

I pouted and gave up

I pouted and gave up. I sullenly walked back to the store with him. As soon as we stepped inside, he handed me my DS. I quickly snatched it from him and ran up to the counter, which my head could barely stand an inch taller than. "One Celebi please!!" I called as I placed my sacred game device on the counter. The lady behind the desk stared at me funny. I tried brushing my messy hair with my hands and smoothed out my dirty shirt as best as I could. I looked up at her, then smiled. She continued to give me a strange look, then shrugged and turned my DS on.

I giggled and hopped all around as she fiddled with my DS. After what felt like an eternity, she finally handed it back to me. I greedily snatched it from her and started playing, eager to train my new Pokémon. She said something to me but I didn't listen. I started to walk out of GameStop while playing my game. Instead of exiting, I successfully crashed straight into the glass wall. I fell backwards and collapsed onto the floor, "Ouch, stupid wall!!" I got up and kicked the wall, leaving behind a footprint. I gently picked up my DS and walked out of the store. My dad stayed behind for a few moments, saying something to the lady, but I didn't care.

As I walked across the parking lot back the car, a truck had to veer around me to avoid running me over. "Watch where you're going!!" I waved my fist in the air and shouted at the crazed driver. I scowled, then continued my journey, eyes still glued to the screen of my game. When I reached the car, the door wouldn't open. I sighed and turned back to the store. Thankfully my dad was already outside and about to walk across to the car.

"Daddy!! Unlock the car!!" I yelled towards him.

"Wait a minute!" He called back. I frustratedly sighed again and waited for him to slowly make his way across. Eventually he finally made it. He fumbled around with the keys for a minute. After a moment I heard the satisfying click as the car unlocked.

"Thank you." I curtly said to him as I opened my door and crawled inside.

As we drove off my dad was saying something to me, but I tuned him out. All I was focused on was getting my Celebi. I gasped when I didn't see it in my party. I closed my eyes and concentrated for a moment. I snapped my eyes back open when I remembered that I was supposed to go to the Pokemart. I happily hummed to myself as I ran to the Goldenrod City's huge Pokemart place.