Fathers be good to your daughters

"Wait that doesn't make sense he knew he was a psychopath but he didn't do anything about it. By the sounds of it your father was too," I nodded at what Dr. Reed said before I replied with tears running down my face.

"He never let me see him angry but sometimes I would fake like I was asleep, but I'd see and hear everything. When we'd go in public he would always hold my hand, sometimes so tight it would cut off the circulation. He would buy me anything I wanted, as long as I would ask and he'd talk to me about dangerous people that were out there. He didn't want anything to happen to me."

"He was trying to be a good father, even with all of his crazy tendencies."

"Except once", Reed furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"I was five, I was walking home from school when I found a little brown fluffy puppy, I ran all the way home with it I was so excited to finically have a puppy. When I got home my dad was home, and my mom, we didn't have any dog food but we had milk, I thought since a puppy is a baby I'd get it some milk. When I came back my dad had it in a pillow case, he told me to put the milk away. We drove for a while before we stopped at a bridge, he threw the puppy over, I cried and cried and my dad told me I couldn't have a pet ever, we couldn't have that burden. When my mom found out she was gunna kill him", I smirked remembering how angry she was.

"Nala what do you remember about the night your mom was murdered?", Doctor Reed asked, I froze in place and tried to swallow down the big lump in my throat.

"I was 5 and-"

I could feel my dad stroke my hair, I could hear my mom shifting on the couch, my dad already told her to stop moving several times and I knew his fuse was running short.

"BITCH YOU MOVE AGAIN AND ILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU! DONT MAKE ME WAKE MY BABY! SHE DONT NEED TO SEE WHAT IM ABOUT TO DO!", my mom was sobbing and kept repeating that she was sorry.

" YOU REALLY FUCKED UP FAITH, YOU DID A NUMBER ON ME! WHO KNEW ME CHEATING ON YOU WOULD COME BACK TO HAUNT ME? WE WERE KIDS THAN FAITH, I WAS ONLY 18! I THOUGHT WE WIPED THE SLATE CLEAN! THATS FUCKED UP! HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?", I heard her scream and get dragged out of the house, I drifted off to sleep until dad woke me up again later.

"Come on Nals let's go to the beach, grab a couple of toys and let daddy strap you in your car seat", he picked me up and I laid my head on his shoulder, my little hands held onto the fabric of his shirt.

"Daddy where's mommy?"

"Oh she's taking a nap in the trunk", he carried me outside and put me in the car seat, it smelled terrible.

"Daddy what's that smell?"

"Oh there must be a skunk", he shut the door on me and got in the front, he started driving.

"Now I know what your thinking it's kinda late to be swimming but you know your mommy, she's one of those types of women who does crazy things and if she doesn't get her way she'll throw a fit", while he was talking I picked up a bloody knife off of the floor and started to play with it. We stopped at a red light and my dad turned around to look at me, he grabbed the knife from me.

"Don't play with daddy's knife honey let go of it", my eyes filled with tears.

"Don't look so upset, don't you wanna help me build a sand castle", I giggle and smiled.

"An mama wants to show you how far she can float, don't worry about that boo-boo on her throat, it's just a little scratch it don't hurt, while you were sleeping mama was eating and spilt ketchup on her shirt, mamas messy ain't she?", I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah."

"Well she can go wash off in the water and me and you can play by ourselves can't we", he said as we parked in the sand, he got out and opened my door, he leaned against the frame and spoke once more.

"See there's a place called heaven and a place called hell, a place called prison and a place called jail and daddy's on his way to all of them except one, but you don't want a new father and a step son do you?", I made a grossed out face and stuck out my tongue.

"Ew", my dad smiled at me and imitated my face.

"Yeah ew", I grabbed his finger and smiled up at him.

"Maybe when you're older I'll explain it to yah but for now let's say mama was real real bad and being mean to dad made him real real sad, but I feel bad that I put her in timeout, now before we play were gunna take mama for a little walk along the pier, and baby don't cry and don't get the wrong idea mamas to sleepy to hear you screaming in your ear." He unhooked me from my car seat and picked me up out of it, I walked next to him as he got mama out of the trunk and dragged her down the pier, he put her down at the end.

"Don't worry daddy made a nice bed for mommy at the bottom of the lake, help me tie this rope around his rock, we'll tie it to her foot and roll her off the doc", I tied the rope around the cylinder block and then dad tied it around her foot.

"Ready now one two three wee."

"Wow I'm so sorry-", I cut Doctor Reed off and then continued.

"You know what the worst part is? I don't hate him, not at all, I love him a lot, I try to hate him but I can't."

"But Nala it doesn't matter what he did, he's still your father, the instinctual attachment will always be there", I nodded and looked down.

"Please continue with yours and Justin's story Nala."

---

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days, I had writers block