Chapter Ten-- There Has To Be Another Way

PETERS POV

"Callie," I said hangin my head in defeat. "I need him to keep me alive,"
"What?" She breathed almost so quietly I couldn't hear her.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Peter you've got to be kidding me....Henry isn't....he doesn't have the...." She stammered.
"He does Cal....he has the heart of the truest believer," I said softly. I was trying not to put her in car-attack mode. She was freaked out though. Her ears were fluffy and huge from the hair sticking up. And don't even get me started on her tail. It looked like a pink and purple tree.
"This is all my fault," she whispered.
"No it isn't," I said.
"Yes it is if I had never left because of that stupid fight then we would have had another thirty years to figure out another way!!!" She yelled.
"Shhhh Cal it's okay," I said pulling her into me.
"You can't kill him," she sobbed.
"I don't want to kill him," I assure her. "But I don't want to die,"
"Can the shadow give you more time?" She begged.
"He's given me all that he can," I sighed. "It's the only way,"
"But Henry," she sobbed.
"Look. I don't have to kill him yet we can still find another way," I said. "We just need to keep him here,"
She nodded.
"And we can't let him know anythings wrong, okay?" I asked. She nodded again.
"How do we find another way?" She asked.
"I don't know. I'm going to go talk to the shadow right now," I promised.
"Okay. Be careful please," she begged.
"I will I promise," I said kissing her gently. "Keep Henry occupied. Tell him more stories. He loves those things. I'll be back soon," I said pulling away.
"Okay," she nodded. "Bye,"
I turned and walked away into the forest. I ran to my thinking tree and called for the shadow.
"What do you need Pan?" The shadow asked.
"Long ago you told me there were two options of how to stay alive," I said. "Is that still true?"
"Yes," the shadow said. I breathed a sigh of relief.
"What's the other way?" I asked. The shadow started laughing.
"The other way is impossible for you," he laughed.
"What is it?" I hissed.
"It involves love," he spat out the word like poison. He never knew about me and Callie. He doesn't know I'm capable of love.
"How?" I asked.
"It's an old prophecy, made with the old magic. A seer said that when Neverland was dying this was the way to save it,"
"Tell it to me," I commanded. The shadow laughed again.
"As you wish," he chuckled. "Two in love with a kiss most pure, Two with a fear to love the other, and two in love with a curse with no cure. Must work together to save each other. This was the way that Neverland was started with the love of six if the bravest hearted. This is the way that Neverland stays if you want to be young for forever and a day,"

CALLIES POV

"Hey Henry sorry about that," I said wiping away some tears.
"Why were you crying?" He asked.
"Peter just told me that a friend of mine here on the island died while I was gone," I lied. I couldn't tell him anything yet. Not until I figured out how to get him out of this.
"Oh I'm sorry," Henry said.
"It's alright. I'll be okay," I smiled.
"Would telling me more stories take your mind off of it?" He asked with a sly smile. I laughed.
"Sure, what part do you think is next?" I asked.
"The day you left Wonderland?" He asked.
"You are a clever boy Henry," I chuckled.
Too bad you might die soon, i thought. No. Bad Callie. He will live.
"So how'd it happen?" He asked leaving forward eagerly.
"Well, it was actually quite and ordinary day..."