Chapter 2

After the LONGEST time everrrrrrr, I finally uploaded! I'm sooooo sorry for the delay! I have kept you all waiting far too long so here's an update! I will be adding two more updates within the next couple days to make up for it! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!(:

xoxo

~soccerluv4

P.S. Paul Wesley as Alpha Reece Parker on the right! ------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh the irony. At that moment, that was all I could think about. Just a few moments ago, I was wondering just when I would meet my mate, and now, he was right in front of me.

"CASSIE!"

A scream resounded, making my ears ring. I turned around and saw my best friend running at me full speed. Before I could even say hi back, she engulfed me in her arms.

"Oh my gosh Cassie! How was New York? I missed you so much!" she kept rambling, causing me to chuckle as I hugged her back again.

"Hey Ellie, I missed you too!" I smiled at her. She let out a squeal, causing me to pull back slightly at the sound. This girl was absolutely crazy, but I loved her nonetheless.

She and I had been friends since we were in diapers. Her mom, Natasha, was best friends with my mother, and I guess we just followed in their footsteps. I'm glad though, she'd been there for me for everything.

"Nice job Ellie, the girl's been here for what, 5 minutes and you've already blown her ear drums out," came a sarcastic comment. We both turned our heads to the approaching figure.

"Hey Cassie, I missed you girl," she smiled at me, heading over to give me a hug.

My cousin Sage. She was the daughter of my dad's sister Andrea. She was such a tough girl growing up. Even now, as she came over to me, she was wearing a tight leather jacket and combat boots. This girl was the complete opposite of Ellie, but somehow, all three of us completed each other.

After we'd pulled back from our hug, Sage whispered in my ear.

"Who's the hottie back there staring at you?" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I blinked, surprised at how distracted I was by my friends that I forgot about the whole mate situation.

"Oh, uh, that's my trainer. Anyway, how are you guys? How's everything going?"  I diverted quickly.

"It's good! Just kind of crazy with all the training we're getting. You heard about that right?" Ellie asked.

"Of course dear," my mom interjected, "she will be training with you two. But Alpha Parker out there will also be training her specifically."

"Yeah Cassie, that's why I wanted you to meet him," Alex finally spoke up.

"He was the one who trained me. I stayed with his pack for a few months to learn everything and that's when I mentioned that you still needed your training done. He offered to teach you as well. I did tell him though that since you're going to grad school here, he'd have to do the training at our pack, so that's why he's staying with us until you're done," he finished, motioning for Alpha Parker to come inside.

Opening the door, he walked in, doing some weird guy handshake-pat-thing with Alex and giving my mom a side hug. He shook my father's hand before turning to me.

"Hello, m-"

"Hi, nice to meet you. Thank you for offering to help train me," I said quickly, hoping he could tell I didn't want to talk about our little situation.