no | 21

Chapter 21:
No

"You gon' have to go through the pain"
-NF (If You Want Love)

"Jared, please just wait!" Zach cried out. The other took a deep breath in, stopping in his tracks. He never faced Zach, but instead let Zach move so now he was in front of him. The two stood in silence, Zach yet again letting tears free fall down his face. He doesn't understand why he's the one that has to go through so much suffering. He has done nothing wrong but be him. A care free teenager who just happened to like the same gender. "I promise, I never meant to hurt you."

Jared scoffed as he moved his head so he was looking a different direction. His jaw was clenched and the sparkle he once had in his eyes was gone. Now they were dull and lifeless. And it's all Zach's fault.

"That's what they all say" Jared finally muttered after their seconds of silence. "You're just like everyone else."

Zach frowned as he grabbed Jared's face. He forced the two to look at each other. But all Zach could see was defeat and sadness in his eyes. All his negative emotions replaced the positive ones. Hatred now covered all the love. The younger's vision blurred even more as his hands began to shake. He moved them downward so they now rested on Jared's shoulders.

"This wasn't how I wanted this to end. Jared I really do care for you. Jack he-" Zach was stopped.

"And that's where I knew this relationship would end" Jared's features softened as he grabbed the other's hands. Zach looked at him in confusion. "Zach, I know deep down you care and love me. I feel the same. But there's no denying that you also have some sort of feelings for Jack. And he obviously likes you back. I could tell every time you two look at each other" He sighed. "I just wished I figured that out sooner."

He dropped their hands, placing a small kiss on Zach's forehead.

"Jared..." Zach choked out.

"It's fine. I'll get over you eventually. I love you Zachary" Jared smiled weakly as he began his journey away from the house. Zach watched him go in agony. But with that last piece of love that was still yearning for the older, he jogged to catch up with him. Jared was a little confused as he stared at the brunette standing before him. And without hesitation, Zach placed his lips against Jared's. The older didn't hold back and deepened the kiss knowing it will be their last one.

They broke apart soon after, breathing patterns irregular.

"I love you too."

Jared engulfed him in a hug, devouring the moment greatly. And when they broke apart, Zach couldn't help but start tearing up again. He let out a little giggle though when Jared wiped his tears away.

"No need to cry, cutie. You still have my number. Call whenever you need me" Jared said sweetly as he placed one last kiss on Zach's cheek before walking away. And Zach didn't try to stop him. He just let the other go. He even made a promise to himself that he'll keep in touch. Jared wasn't much, but then again he was everything.

Zach let out a small snicker as he turned around and walked back inside the house. He went into the main room and was met with Jack. When the curly haired boy stood up, Zach instantly ran into his arms. The younger took a deep breath, taking all of Jack in. And for the first time in months, Zach actually felt himself relax. He was genuinely happy.

"How did it go?" Jack asked softly, breaking the hug. Zach just looked at him with a smile.

"Everything is going to be just fine" the brunette answered. Jack smiled too.

"That's good to hear" Jack quickly pecked Zach on the lips. It made Zach's cheeks tint darker than they already are.

"Hey uh, Zach" the familiar voice of Jonah spoke. Both boys turned to face the oldest member. "Daniel wants to see you...like now."

The look of worry on Jonah's face was enough said. Zach broke away from Jack and instantly went to the side of Jonah.

"Where's Corbyn?" Zach asked getting slightly angry.

"Don't know. Last time I seen him, he was upstairs too" Jonah answers.

Zach let out a deep breath as he quickly went up the stairs. He stood in front of Daniel and Jack's shared room, raising his hand to gently knock on the door. And when he gave a light tap, the door had swung open to reveal a highly depressed looking Daniel Seavey. At first he looked dull and emotionless; but upon seeing Zach, his entire aura changed. He let out quiet sobs as he dropped his head and covered his face with his hands.

"I'm such an idiot" Daniel managed out. Zach pouted, pushing the other back into his room and closing the door. He guided them back towards Daniel's bed and plopped down on the edge.

"Daniel you are a lot of things. But an idiot is not one of them" Zach says back and pulling him in for a hug. Daniel breaks the hug to look at Zach in disbelief. He began to shake his head and fiddle with his fingers.

"No. I am" Daniel huffed as he wiped his tears. "I can't believe I thought I had a chance."

Zach watched Daniel a little confused before he pieced it together.

"What exactly happened between you two? I remember hearing a little yelling as I went past" Zach wondered aimlessly. He was trying to keep calm for Daniel. Even if he did wanna scream his head off at Corbyn. He was hurting Daniel in so many ways.

"It's a long story..." Daniel trailed.

"I have time. We can cuddle while you tell me. I'm not going anywhere" Zach smiled. Daniel perked at his offer, almost immediately getting under the blankets, having his arms open for Zach to join him. Zach giggled at his childish ways before crawling over so they were wrapped in each other's arms.

"It started earlier today. I was curled up, scrolling through Instagram..."

-

Oof cliffhanger. And I'm telling you right now, there are only two more chapters left. You guys are going to attack me for this, huh?

-Nevaeh