Chapter Two.

Remi looked around the busy rooftop penthouse, dressed in a burgandy long sleeve top, with a plunging neckline and black leather skirt, accompanied by a silver, diamond kissed watch.

Why did she come? Who knows.

She started her new job in less than 48 hours and she was at the most exclusive house party in all of London. Great idea!

Sighing she looked around for a familiar face.

She wasn't like most 26 year olds. She was a highly successful multi millionaire. And to most, she was cold, brutal and ruthless. But unfortunately that's how you had to be. If you were a cutsey, shy and innocent woman that blushed everytime a man would look at you, you would get nowhere in this industry. So she was blunt and cold, and always to the point, and kind of scary at times.

It worked.

Men actually took her seriously rather than laugh at her and ask her to get coffee. She was one of the most formidable women in the financial market and everyone knew it.

Spotting Tristan Raynes from across the pool she grabbed a glass of something sparkling from a nearby waitor holding a tray and took a sip, her heels clicking against the wooden decking.

"Tristan, I thought you'd died. You haven't had a party in what, two months? How are you?" She said smoothly as she approached Tristan, who was talking to a face she couldn't quite match to a name.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ezra looked up as his eyes met with the mystery woman he had been eyeing up seconds before. Damn. He recognised her, but from where?

He thought about it for a moment, then decided she was probably someone's PA, and he had probably met her at a conference or something. She couldn't be important.

"Well hello to you too stranger." Tristan smiled and gently kissed the back of her hand. "What brings you to my little get together? You never come to these things!"

"Curious, I suppose, and I thought I had to show my face at least once, or you may start to hate me" she replied, her lips curling into her signature polite smile.

"Well I'm flattered that you could grace us with your presence" Tristan joked and took a sip of his beer.

Her 'smile' immediately left her face and she raised a brow "Don't push it Tristan. I will leave as quickly as I walked through that door"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hours later and Ezra and Remi were eyeing eachother from across the pool, it was safe to say that they had noticed eachother from the moment their eyes met. But hadn't spoken purely because they had other people Trying to impress them.

They had both has there fair share to drink and both were happily drinking more. Why not?

She took her eyes away and turned around, walking over to the bar. Opening her phone she noticed a few new emails, and missed calls, bit was a bit too tipsy to read them. Shoving her phone back in her clutch she looked up as the charming bartender handed her a pink drink embelished with a slice of pink grapefruit and winked at her.

No way pal.

She took a sip of the sugary pink drink, brushing a tendril of hair behind her ear, then large hand gently placed itself on the small of her back.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Morning came and Ezra awoke with a mild headache "fuck." This was inconvient.

He grumbled, his voice husky and rough. He drozily sat up and took a sip of water from his nightstand, looking beside him, he found the bed empty. Normally when he bought a woman back for the night he'd find them sleeping beside him, then when he woke them, they would beg him to let them stay. It was strange to him that she had just up and left.

Last night had been, well.. Intense.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Remi pushed Ezra down onto the bed and moved along the room to dim the lights, removing the hair band that kept her long chocolate locks tied up.

Her hair tumbled down her back and she turned to face Ezra. Her bottom lip getting caught between her teeth as she eyed him up.

But in a flash, she was under him, moaning as his lips attacked her neck. Squirming, She felt something hard brushing along her thigh. She moved her hand down to brush along his length, and she smirked as she heard a groan of approval leaving Ezra's lips.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
He felt himself hardening again at the memories of the previous night.

Climbing out of bed he made his way into his en suite bathroom and walked into the shower, standing under the cool water, and he took a deep breath in, letting the water sober him up.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The following day he dressed himself in his suit and looked at himself in the mirror, annoyed at the fact that none of his suits seemed to for him anymore. His chest had seemed to broaden and his biceps were noticeably bigger than before. His shirts seemed to be more slim fit now rather than his regular tailored fit, you could see the outline of each muscle as he moved. His new gym routine was clearly working. He then set a reminder on his phone to get some new suits imported from Italy.

His housekeeper greeted him as he entered the kitchen. "Good morning Mr Carrington. First day back?"

Simona was a 40 something, greying lady and had been serving him for years. She had grown accustomed to his peculiar eating times and blunt behaviour.

He glanced up at Simona. Still no emails? Really?

"Umm yeah, thanks Simona" he answered, looking back down at his phone before shoving it in his pocket and heading to the front door.

Simona scuttled after him, holding out a stainless steel travel mug and a paper bag with a crossant inside, along with his breifcase.

"Thank you Simona, dinner around 9 please." He said, taking her offerings and heading out of his front door and down the steps, giving his driver a polite nod as he stepped into the back of his black Bentley Bentayga.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Yay! Chapter two is out already! I won't normally update this regularly but luckily I have a week of work so I will try to churn some chapters out while I can!

Hope everyone is enjoying it and please don't hesitate to leave me some feedback.

Much love 🌻