Prolouge

-

"Cry it out, honey." Mom placed her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

No.

Grandma wouldn't want me to be sad.

I smiled at mom reassuringly, "I'm fine, mom. It's just hard seeing her go."

"She's with us still, Neo." Yes, in our hearts.

But she's not really here to smile and laugh with.

I didn't respond. I felt mom tremble, her face constricting in pain. I raised my arm to hug her, it's was my turn to comfort her. "Mom, grandma really loved you." I whispered to her. She cried even louder, her tears drenching my black shirt.

Mom and grandma had a fight when she was eighteen, mom got pregnant with me and I never met my dad. Mom told me the fight was really big that it made mom leave my grandparents, and move away. I demanded mom to let me meet my grandparents when I was in elementary school, and she did but she just sent me to them not wanting to see each other. Hate blinded mom but now that knowing your mother is dead, she feels great regret and guilt. But grandma never said anything ill, and would just tell me stories of mom when she a child. When someone leaves that's when someone sees how precious they are to them.

"She would tell me stories that you would always demand her to bake her apple pie, and let me just say they were delicious, mom." I hugged mom tighter. "It's okay, mom. She forgave you a long time ago."

Mom looked at me with a smile of her own, yet her eyes were still tearing out. We just responded with our own emotions, as we stared down grandma's tomb stone.

"Mary..." A gruff voice whispered. Grandpa stood away from but still near for us to completely see. Mom didn't want to approach grandpa at the funeral, she thought grandpa wouldn't want her there.

"Dad.." Mom slowly stepped away from me to hug grandpa.

"It's okay, Mary. Let's be happy she's not suffering." Grandpa hugged mom back as they cried. They looked back at me gesturing me to join them.

I walked to them suddenly engulfed into a bear hug. "The past is the past, let us live through the present and expect great future.

-

Correct mistakes if you want to, nothing's going to offend me. Maybe, I don't care.

-Lazylex

-