A Hiccstrid New Years

THIS STORY TAKES PLACE BETWEEN SEASON 4 AND 5 OF RTTE.

Third Person Perspective:
It was the morning of December 31st and Hiccup and Astrid were finally a couple. It hasn't even been a month since they (think they) killed Viggo in the edge's volcano. But since tonight was the night they both share their first New Years kiss, they were both excited and nervous. Everyone was in the clubhouse talking about New Years while Astrid was having breakfast at the centre of the clubhouse. Once everyone was talking about New Years it made Hiccup the most nervous out of everyone there. "Uumm, Fishlegs, can I talk to you? Outside for a minute?" Hiccup asked. Fishlegs nodded his head and followed Hiccup out to the back of the clubhouse. Astrid saw the too going far away from her and started feeling a little suspicious. But she just shrugged her shoulders and kept eating.
Hiccup and Fishlegs were in the back of the clubhouse while Fishlegs was still clueless on what Hiccup was doing. "Are you ok Hiccup? You don't look well..." "I'm fine Fishlegs, I'm just really nervous about tonight that's all". Fishlegs gave Hiccup a confusing face. "What do you mean? It's New Year's Eve, you should be excited for tonight". "I know Fishlegs. But...Astrid's always the one who kisses me, for once, I want to be the one to kiss her..." "...you mean you've NEVER kissed Astrid before?" Snotlout said walking towards them. "Wellllll..." Tuffnut and Ruffnut bounced of the roof of the clubhouse and landed in front of Hiccup. "AHA! So you haven't! I was right! I'm disappointed in you Hiccup. I can't even look at you right now!". "Ok, Tuff, Ruff, get back inside the clubhouse or Astrid will get suspicious". The two muttonheads went back inside the clubhouse with no hesitation. "I just want to seem a little braver tonight. Cause she does it with no hesitation. I should be able to do that the same, but I can't!". "Why?" Snotlout asked Hiccup. "...because. She's Astrid". "Awww" Fishlegs said smiling while Snotlout was in the background making a hurling noise. "Ok Snotlout, that's quite enough" Hiccup said as Snotlout walked back into the clubhouse. "Don't worry Hiccup, you'll be fine" Said Fishlegs putting a hand on Hiccup's shoulder.

Hiccup's perspective:
That night, we all invited Dagur, Mala and Heather to join us. We all put decorations and snacks in the clubhouse to get ready for twelve.
Later on, at eight O'clock that night, I was sitting down next to Astrid in the clubhouse looking almost as nervous as her. It's weird that we're not even speaking right now. It just feels like we're two random people who have never meet before sitting side by side. I put my arms around her and she smiled at me. She laid her head on my shoulder and I starting feeling a little more relaxed. I put my head on-top of hers and we stayed there enjoying each other's company.
After two hours of talking to everyone there, I grabbed Astrid's hand and slowly walked out of the clubhouse. "Hiccup? Where are we going!" "Trust me, you'll see" I said as we walked about fifteen minutes to this place I was saving for me and her tonight. "Ok, close your eyes" "Hiccup, is this necessary?" I smiled at her. "It'll be worth it". She giggled and covered her eyes. "No peeking". I held both of her hands and led her to the middle of a secret place. "Ok. You can open your eyes now". She opened her eyes and her jaws dropped to see a beautiful secret garden, with a perfect view of the edge. We heard the gang having a good time in the clubhouse below us. She started turning around seeing flowers, bushes, vines and a wooden swing. She turned around to face me, with her jaw still dropped. She started to smile as I smiled back at her. "What? How? When?" She said as I laughed a little bit. "I found it when I was patrolling the island last week and made the wooden entrance and swing". "Hiccup. It's...it's gorgeous! You did all of this for me?" She pulled me in and hugged me tightly. "Thank you Hiccup" she said as I hugged her back. Once we pulled away she looked at the swing and then back at me smiling. She went over to it and sat on it. I held the rope and looked down at her. "May I?" "You May" She responded as I started pushing her on the swing. She starting laughing a little  and kept smiling at me and looking back. She was so beautiful. How could she be any more perfect then she is now. It's not possible. Cause she's Astrid. After a while I lost track of time and didn't know when it would strike midnight. Me and Astrid were standing close to each other and head the gang start to count down from ten. This is it. Finally my first New Years kiss and I couldn't be happier that it's with Astrid. We listened to the gang down in the clubhouse. "Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four Three! Two! One..." and I put my arm around Astrid's waist as fast as I could, pulled her in and kissed her. Finally, I was the one to confidently kiss her first. For the first time too. We were kissing for a while until we pulled apart to take a breath. She looked at me for a second and hugged me. "Never knew you had it in you" "hey" I said back as she started laughing. I laughed too and then we kissed again. It was our second most passionate kiss of the new year.
After we all got some rest, we all met up in the clubhouse where we talked about only last night. Snotlout kept giving Fishlegs mean looks. Astrid noticed too. "Who woke you up on the wrong side of the bed Snotlout?" Astrid asked. "Fishlegs'll tell you". Me and Astrid looked at Fishlegs. "...Me and Heather kissed at midnight". Me and Astrid walked over to him. "Congratulations Fishlegs!" Astrid said to him. "That's great Fishlegs!". He looked at the floor. "What is it Fishlegs? Aren't you happy?" "Yeah I'm happy Hiccup. I just wish that we didn't just...I just wish it was something more". "Like...a relationship?". He looked at me and nodded his head. "Then why don't you?" Astrid said. "Yeah, Your right I could. I'll talk to her once she comes here again". "Blah blah blah, enough about that. Where the hell did you guys go last night? It's like you vanished at ten o'clock". Me and Astrid looked at each other and smiled. We turned back over to the gang. "It's a secret" we both said and walked up to my hut to have some time to ourselves, leaving the gang completely clueless.

That's the end of this short fan fiction story! I'll write another story soon but I'm happy with this one. I'll write another one in a few short days! Bye for now!!👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻