Chapter 1: The first Case

I’m Cassandra Maya Robert. Impressive I know! Three names in one name, how cool is that?!... Which is exactly why I changed it to “Cara”.

        Anyway, that was random of me. Let’s start from the beginning. I’m Cassandra Maya Robert, but everyone know me by “Cara”. And by everyone I meant Edward, Debby, Will, Chris and my colleagues. My parents are all dead. I remembered they were shot in our very home when I was six. I somehow managed to escape from the criminal, then was brought into an orphanage later on. I told the people there everything I saw. They cried but I didn’t, I never did. Anyway, the kind ladies there look after me with love and I was surrounded with parents less children. This is where I form my waggish personality and a fair amount of friends.

        2 years later, two men came to the orphanage, they asked for me. I thought I was going to be adopted, but I was wrong. They asked me to tell them about the night where my parents was killed, in the most prudent manners, as if they were afraid I might burst out crying, huh, they wish. I told them casually, I bet they were surprise by my calmness. Finally, the two men offered me something even better than a parent, even more kick ass than adoption, they asked me how would I like it to be a cop like them? They said they think I’m strong enough to be train into a hardcore officer. Hell yeah, I said yes.

        So by the age of eight, I left my dear orphanage, my dear friends and guardians, to become a real life superhero. I still go to school, I still hang out with friends, but no one know that I’m training to be a cop at the same time. I was trained to run fast, to do back flip, to fight, to shoot, to identify cocaine or any other types of  drugs… Stuff like that, so I’m quite proud of myself. I mean, I was the only kid that know how to do all of the above in town. Of course, since I was really young, they can’t put me out in the field. I have to wait till I’m eighteen, which I then successfully persuaded them to let me out by seventeen, aka, now. I’ll have my first case given to me today.

        “Hi chief!” I greet walking in the office. Ron turns around in his spinning chair and gives me a warm smile. “Ahh, there you are” He said as I take the candy in the bowl sets on his desk and eat it. This agency had becomes my second home, people here are my mentors, siblings and friends. I am closer to these people than my friends in school. “You really want this don’t you?” Ron asks watching me popping the candy in my mouth. “Of course, I’ve waited for this moment my entire life!” I exclaim with excitement. “Okay, here's your first case princess” he grins with pleased and gives me the file.

        I started imagining stuff that might be in there like: robbery, murder, zombie apocalypse! But I fall down from cloud nine once I see the case. I give Ron a “Are you kidding me?!” look and he laughs. He laughs! “This is a joke right?’ I ask, “Nope, this is absolutely serious, that’s your case” He said straightens himself up. “But this is-” I begin “No but” He cuts me off. “This is your first case and compare to anyone else’s first case, yours are pretty good” Ron explains to make sure I can’t argue. “I know but-” I try again, “I said no but, you are dismiss Cara” He cuts me off again and it’s getting frustrating. I would’ve put up a fight but since I don’t want to lose the case either, I obediently walk out.

-;-;-;-;-

        “So, how was today?” Debby asks as we sit in dinner. “It was okay” I said, poking at my food. “It doesn’t sounds okay” Chris questions.

        Remember the two men that came to the orphanage? Well later on, I learned that the two men’s name are Will and Chris. At first I thought it was Will and Smith so I laughed in their face. Anyway, Will and Chris becomes the two men I love very much. They are like the two dads I’ve never had. I sometimes told them that they should make up their mind on who will be mom and who will be dad. But I was just joking, Will and Chris are good friend. Chris has his own family, I was lucky enough to be apart of it. Chris volunteered to take me back to lives with his family instead of living with a maid that the organization would hire. In Chris’s house, I was treated like a true family member, Chris even have a son - Edward, same as my age and we are very close. In a friendly way of course. And Will? unfortunately, he lost his life in a case of chasing Mafia.

        “What’s wrong Cara?” Edward asks, bumping my shoulder, urging me to tell them what happened. “Fine, I just got a really boring case that’s all” I spit out, “Really? What was the case?” Ed just won’t let it go. “It’s just stupid” I said, surprising myself with me tone of voice, I sounded angry. “Tell me!” he exclaim with excitement. Nope, he’s definitely not going to let it go. “Drugs investigation in school” I sigh out and continue, “I’ll have to enter a random high school and investigate to find out the supplier.” I explain, “In this case, it’s Beverly Hill high school that’s not even in Beverly Hill, it’s just in LA” I complain before Edward bursts out laughing for no good reason. “Now what, you’ve gone all 21 Jump Street?!” He said between laughter and I feel like smacking him, hard. “Look who’s the bad cop now?!!” He exclaim referring to my criticism for the film 21 Jump Street and it’s characters. “Specifically, you said” Edward pulls out a small notebook out of nowhere and starts flipping the page. “Only losers would go around disguising as students to find a supplier. And look at how immature they are!” He said with a stupid girl voice that doesn’t even sounds like a girl voice. It sounds like someone’s being cut. Speaking of cut, “Imma cut you if you don’t shut up” I threat but that just makes Edward laugh even more.

        “So that means that you’re moving school” Chris said for the first time. “Yeah” I reply, I’m a bit sad that I’ll have to move school, meaning leaving my friends behind again. “Don’t I need to file the school or something?” I ask “Not really, the agency will send your fake profile to the school, you’ll just wait till the summer break over and go there” Chris explains before standing up to take a phone call. I with Debby brings the dishes in. “Woh!” Edward exclaims from the back. His face is as red as a boiled lobster, “Oh my God, get over yourself” I shout as he runs outside and start laughing again. I hope he’ll suffocate himself and die by laughing so hard. Chris comes out again and helps Debby with the plates, “Cara, Edward does realize that we are all moving to LA right?” he points out. Now it hit me, the school is in Los Angeles, that means that we all have to move. After all, I’m only seventeen.

        With that, I thrust the plate in the sink and start laughing hysterically, running outside to where Edward is laughing his head off. “Yo Ed guess what!” I ask him, an expression of surprise appear on his face when he sees me. I can’t wait to rub it in his face that he’s about to kiss goodbye to his kingdom which is our current school “WE ARE ALL MOVING TO LOS ANGELES! INCLUDING YOU!” I yell into his face in the rudest way possible. Revenge is so sweet. “What?” Edward asks in shock and before he could comprehend anything else, I run inside and lock the door. Giving him the finger through the glass before walking upstairs to start packing. 5 more weeks and the school will starts it’s new school years. 5 more weeks and I’ll be in the move.