C h a p t e r 19

Flashback
~1 Year Ago~

"You lying, cheating bastard!" Alexis screamed in her ex-lovers face.
Her burst of frustration and anger caused her to smash everything that belonged to him. Never in her life had Alexis been cheated on; humiliation, betrayal, insecurity collided her thoughts and feelings.
"Baby-" He mumbled.
"Don't you baby me. Fuck you." She threw open the wardrobe and tore his clothes from the hangers, tossing them into a suitcase.

"I want you gone by the time I get home." Alexis grabbed her keys then flung her jacket on.
"Where are you g-" Before he could speak, she was already out of the apartment complex.
While she headed to the nearest bar down the street, she couldn't help but hold back the tears. A man she loved for 3 years cheated on her with her own cousin; disgusting. Although Karrie had also been the whore type, who would have stooped so low? However, she wasn't the one to take all the blame. Julian the athlete was Alexis' high school crush, they practically grew up together. The first date they went one was Alexis' first ever date, and Julian's seventh, she was ecstatic, for a naive teenage girl to be taken on a date with a popular guy was extremely overwhelming and exciting. 

All her memories with him raced through her head causing a slight headache but she finally managed to get to the bar.
For the rest of her lonely nights, she would go to the bar, get wasted and leave with some guy she barely knew until one night was slightly different.

Her high school best friend, Victoria, who she hadn't spoken too in years, approached a very intoxicated Alexis and offered for her to stay at her place until she sobered up.

End of flashback 

Alexis was about to knock when all of a sudden she was greeted with a red-eyed man.
It was clear Grayson had already heard the news.
"Grayson..." The sound of this name made Alexis shake.
"Don't." He couldn't look her in the eyes, they seemed to wonder unintentionally, trying to find an answer.
"Is it true?" His voice trembled.
"What part?" Alexis sighed.
"So there's other parts to your lies?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"You people disgust me. You used me for publicity and to get the gossip."
"That's not true, what I feel for you is completely real. I swear to you." Alexis' voice was shaky.
"Maybes we just weren't meant to fall in love? Maybes we should have stayed faking our relationship but it got complicated. Messy. Now the truths out." Grayson's eyes began to swell.
"Not all the truth. There's something I need to confess." Alexis looks down to the ground trying to think about what she was about to say.

"May I come in please?"
Grayson moved to the side, gesturing her to come in as she did so. In one swift move, he closed the door and guided her to his couch.
"Like I haven't been hurt enough there's more?" His breathing becomes evident that he was hurt.
"Yes. But what I'm about to say is who I was one year ago. Now, Grayson, I have completely fallen for you." A moment of silence hit them.
The truth began to unravel on her tongue as she spoke to him; his face was like steel throughout the conversation creating a barrier of his emotions and how he really felt.

It took about one hour to tell him everything. From beginning to end.
From the day of her cheating ex-fiancé, the Dolan Rehab, the threat Alexis had from his manager to the present; where Alexis wanted to remind Grayson of the memories of happiness they had together.

Alexis stopped talking, catching her breath after talking.
Not once did Grayson meet her eyes but a look of sorrow and betrayal marked his face.
It took a few minutes for Grayson to consume the information as a large hush of silence enclosed the room.

"Get out."
"What?"
"I need you to leave."
Tears quickly became recognisable on both of their faces.
Alexis lifted herself up with the last part of the energy she had in her and dragged herself to the door. Part of herself wanted to fight for him however, the other part knew she was defeated and vulnerable.

"I love you, Grayson. I was never able to say that to anyone until I met you."
Alexis cleared her throat one last time and walked back to the car.