Eva

"Imani Reeves, unless you want to be late for our first day, you have to GET UP!"

And of course, a pillow was flung at me.

What else am I to expect of my loving roommate?

"Stephanie Pierson, I am up. And unless you want your copy of Fifty Shades in the toilet, I suggest not throwing objects at me next time," Steph gasped, like reading her nasty novel gave her some sort of meaning to life.

"That is totally uncalled for! Christian is the only man who could satisfy me," she grabbed her "book" and safely tucked it in her backpack. "Now come on, we have to be in History in seven minutes or we'll be tardy. Everyone keeps saying the new professor is a dick, and I want to make a good first impression."

I rolled my eyes, making my way to the bathroom. "And you think making a good first impression is wearing your new push up bra?"

She shrugged. "I also heard he was hot, and I need a good grade in this class. Come on Imani, we're finally seniors! It's our last year in these wretched dorms and we can't fail this class. You need it to finish out your major and I need the credits. So let's get going, please?" She applied her lipstick as I slid my top on. I guess it was our last year at Southern Washington, my last year of cold weather and bleak skies.

After this, I could finally live out my dream of traveling the world and becoming a historian. I had dreamed of learning new things and places since I was two. No rude professor or challenging class was going to stop me.

A sharp feeling shot through me as I was heading to the door, causing me to gasp.

Steph stopped, taking a long look into my eyes. "You okay, Imani? You looked like Anastasia when Christian-"

I put my hand up, chuckling. "Enough of your Fifty Shades references. Its nothing, I've just been getting these weird shots of electricity through my body for the past few weeks." And it indeed was so weird. I could be doing something as random as sleeping, or doing laundry and they would come out of nowhere.

"Maybe you're horny, it would explain a lot considering you haven't been laid since freshman year!"

I swatted her arm. "I'm just focusing on my studies, is that so wrong?"

She rolled her eyes. "No, not if you want to be a nun! Imani you're hot! You have got to put yourself out there, I know this one guy-"

"Nope, we have no time. We have three minutes to get to class. If I want to pass this class I guess I'll have to make a good impression too." She begrudgingly walked behind me, a scowl on her face.

"Do you want to borrow my spanx?"

Steph and I walked into the classroom a few minutes late, but I suppose it didn't matter. The class was chatting amongst themselves with no professor at the front of the class.

Steph and I took the last two seats next to each other in the front row. I nudged her. "What kind of professor is late on the first day?"

Steph shrugged, taking her phone out. She hadn't brought anything to class besides a pen and her purse. Me, on the other hand, I was prepared. I brought my summer assignment for extra credit, a fresh brand new binder loaded with paper and a pencil bag filled with every kind of writing utensil I would need. I wouldn't call myself an over achiever, but I definitely had to keep my GPA up for my student loans.

"It's the first day Imani, don't you think you're a little over prepared?"

"You can never be over prepared Steph. We have no idea what this professor is like, and we have to be prepared for every possible outcome."