At The Bridge

I could see a guard coming closer to the haystack. When his back was turned to me I quickly cover his mouth, stabbed him in the back right where the heart was, and discarded the body. I then signaled Brooklyn to follow as I walked cautiously to a house right next to the gravel path, filled with guards.

I felt Brooklyn behind me, I whispered my plan and told her to be ready. I grabbed a small bomb from the a wooden crate nearby filled with them.(wow, this must be one hell of a war going on) I lit the match and tossed it through the door of the house as I ran for cover. I heard a yelp and then the sound of the bomb explode as glass and wood were blown in direction from the blast.

A bell rung.

(Shit) I saw them all, coming right at us fully equipped, by now the sun was slowly rising and our secretive plan would be forgotten. I readied myself for when they got close. As soon as I heard a foot step close enough i quickly pulled out my rifles and shot each on till none had ammo left. I drew my sword and went on the defensive as well as Brooklyn did. For low ranking military men they were pretty good but we were able to take them.

As I was having my moment of triumph I heard a cannon go off and the sound of snapping wood. I instantly looked for the source and found a squadron of 3 cannons across the bridge. I saw they shot the house next to me which had unbelievably scared the sh** out if Brooklyn. This infuriated me. I ran toward they bridge causing the squads to panic. I grabbed another grenade from a dead soldier swiftly and kept going attempting to light it as I went.

BANG! BOOM! BANG!

2 of the balls hit the ground beside me, the third straight at me. I dove down barely dodging the third ball. Quickly and smoothing getting back i finally lot the bomb and through it at the squads just as I reached the beginning of the bridge. I watched in amazement how accurate the through was, blowing just as it astonishingly hit the middle squads gunpowder greasing a massive explosion and dust cloud to emerge. after it cleared the ground where the squads once stood, was indented into the earth and nothing lay left as if the explosion had absolutely no mercy to spare.

I turned to check on Brooklyn behind me who awkwardly had her mouth open and just staring at me ( she is so helpful! ). When she finally realized I saw what she was doing she slowly closed her mouth and then skipped over to me like nothing just happened. We walked together to across the bridge to what we remember to be our village. But not before we were welcomed by more soldiers and artillery.

---/()---

Hehehehehe

Will they survive the to see their parents? Or find they were killed?

Find out next chapta!