A Lonely kid

He was only 5 when he received the information that shattered his dreams.

Izuku Midoriya had always wanted to be a hero, they were all over the news, TV, video games, and occasionally flying past his window. Being a hero was everything to Izuku, to save others, to give his all to stop evil, and to help this world just a little at a time.

However, it wasn't meant to be unlike 80% of the population, he wasn't born with a quirk. All he could do was sit back and watch as he was slowly ostracized further and further from society, as all those around him developed more and more powerful quirks. Hero's rose and fell, and all he could do was sit and watch, never giving up hope that one day he could be like them.

On his way back from school one day, he was attacked by a sludge villain, what happened there was unimportant, but something did happen that changed his life forever.

Izuku POV:

Walking under a bridge, muttering to myself as always, a hear a clang behind me, and as I begin to turn, I feel something hit me like a bullet, enveloping me. I can't hear what he's saying, but I already know what it is, a villain. Crying out for help, I begin to slip out of consciousness, but as I do, I feel a gust of wind and have the sensation of hitting the road under the bright spring sun.

Opening my eyes, I seem to jump about a foot in the air, my heart skipping a beat. "A-a-all Might!" I scream, nearly fainting again, I barely register what he says as he bends his legs and stretches, ready for take off. Zoning back in, I panic and grab onto his trousers as he flies off, taking him with me.

Nearly knocking me off, he lands on a nearby roof, and before he can jump away again, I take the opportunity that would likely never arise again. "All Might, can I be a hero, even if I don't have a power?!" I scream. He pauses and looks back, before turning away again. "The police always need help, maybe you could join them. But I'm sorry kid, I just don't see it happening.".

It feels like a rock hitting me in the stomach, and I stand stunned as he flies off, and I unconsciously make my way back home, hardly noticing anything around me. Seeming almost as though its just a slow blur of colours. I reach my street and walk along to my apartment. I walk past an ambulance parked outside the block next-door, but I don't bare it any mind. It hadn't ever really hit me before, but hearing him say it really hit its mark. I can't be a hero.

The world seems to grey as I shamble up the stairs to my apartment, almost as though someone turned down the saturation. Pushing the door open, I shuffle my way indoors, only offering my mum a mumble as I slowly make my way to the bathroom. Entering, I lean against the sink and stare into the mirror, a set or tired green eyes staring back at me.

All these years, for nothing. Everybody doubted me, and they were right. I could never be a hero, look at me. My arms, even through my school uniform looked almost skeletal, my body scarily skinny, radiating weakness. I should be more realistic. I break the eye contact with the mirror, and turn to grab the door handle, and pause.

I slowly turn to face the mirror again, my eyes widening. I dart back to my position in front of the mirror  and stare in disbelief at my reflection, as the world begins to glow around me. Careful not the break eye contact with the mirror, I snap my head to the side, and my eyes well up. Amongst my flowing green hair, as it flicks, fiery flickers come forth. Slowly raising my hand, I snap my fingers, and a flurry of burning sparks fly as off, as though I was shooting pieces of the sun itself off of me.

Tears running down my face, I snap again, and again, and again, getting the same result. I place my palms together and flick my right to the side, a shower of sparks raining upon my counter, sizzling loudly against the water in sink.

I have a quirk.