Starting Today, You're A Heather!

September 1st, 1989

Dear Mother,

I believe I'm a good person, that there's good in everyone but what's with the no quiet libraries?! Anyways, it's the first day of third year. And well I look around at all the kids I've knowing since I started Ouran three years ago, on a scholarship nonetheless, but I still ask myself, "What happened?'  I see my classmates pick on the younger students, not caring that they used to be first years too. 

"Freak!"

"Slut!"

"Baka!"

"Bug eyes!"

"Poser!"

"Lard ass!"

We used to be so kind back in first year. So innocent, so scared. Running this way and that to get to classes on time in this large school. That bug eyes comment? Yeah, that was directed at me. I have huge brown eyes (A/N: sorry not sorry) I honestly can't believe why I thought Ouran Academy would be different from a public high school. I try my best to make it to the cafeteria to go eat my bento box that my dad made me. Usually, I'd have to make it but he had time and wanted to do it. Who am I to say no?

"Freak!"

"Slut!"

"Loser!"

"Short bus!"

I try to ignore these comments that are either directed towards me or others. I guess we've growing since first year. Got bigger. I mean that of course was the trigger. That's the only logical explanation. We were like the Huns invading Rome! I was deep in thought I walked into someone.

"Ugh." a girl sneered at me as I got up.

"Oh, sorry," I pushed up my glasses and continued walking.  Welcome to Ouran Academy for the rich. It's not a high school, this is a thunderdome with stuck up rich people. I count to ten to calm down. I just think how close we are to graduating. I get lost in a day dream of ivory coloured walls at a French. cafe's, I really hope that hArvard will accept my me, then I can blow this school. It will be paradise compared to this; if I'm not dead by June. I just wish we could go back to the way we were. Life could be beautiful.

Just not today.

I pass two ginger boys. One of them look at me, "Watch it!" he yells at me as we enter the cafeteria. I try my best to not think about burning this place to the ground. That goes out the window when the same guy smacks my lunch tray out of my hands.

This is Hikaru Hitachiin. This is his third year on the basketball time and also a third year of being a huge dick! "What did you say to me, skank?" he advances on me. I didn't realize I said that out loud.

"Ah, nothing!" I quickly duck under his arm and walked past him and his brother. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice my best friend hand me my lunch tray. "Ah! Oh, hey Arai!"

"Hey Haurhi!" He smiles. Arai, he's been my best friend since diapers. "We on for movie night?"

"Yeah, you're on popcorn duty." I nudge him a bit.

He smiles brightly, "I've rented the "Princess Bride' "

I laugh, "Again? Don't you have that movie memorized by now?"

"What can I say? I'm a sucker for a happy ending."

"Arai the gay! Watch out dudes!" (A/N: I know that's not the line but Arai doesn't have a last name. leave me alone.) The other ginger boy smacks his lunch tray out of his hands then high fives Hikaru.  Karou Hitachiin, also on the basketball team.  He also the smartest one on the team, which is like being the tallest dwarf. 

I step in front of Arai to defend him, "Hey! Pick that up right now?"

The twins turn a face me. Hikaru lends down, "I'm sorry but are you actually talking to him?"

"Yes I am. I wanna know what gives you two the right to pick on my friend. You're a high school has-been waiting to happen. A future gas station attendant."

He smirks and pokes my face, "You have a zit right there." He, karou, and the bystanders start laughing at Arai and I. 

Dear Mom,

Why? Why do they hate us? Why can't we fight back. Why do they have to be such a creep? Why? I look at a girl staring longingly at Karou, she mumbles, "Why won't he date me?"

Why did he hit him. Arai hugs himself, "Why do I cry myself to sleep." Why! Someone save us losers. Send us a sign! Give us something to live for!