━ IN BETWEEN

❛i can't really tell
why there's hills on my skin
when you're whispering
all your intentions
i don't really know
why my heart skips a beat
when you get too close
oh it's almost just like first love.❜

━ AQUILA HAD BEEN LIVING AT CAMP JUPITER A LITTLE OVER SEVEN YEARS. her mother was bellona, the roman goddess of war, and had left for olympus pretty much right after aquila was born. her father was in the military and had been deployed for the first time when she was almost twelve, so she was sent to the camp for protection. he never came back.
during those seven years, aquila was trained in all forms of combat, along with many other survival abilities. the others helped her use her gifts; the ability to control what her oponent was seeing, and teleportation. she uses the pain of losing her father and never being able to see her mother to fuel he fight, and becomes one of the most skilled fighters in the camp, which isn't really a surprise seeing as who her mother is. she's beautiful and charming, smart and funny, which means she's very likable and makes friends easily, but only has a few close ones.

her once simple (well, as simple as one could live when you were a demigod) life was flipped upside down when her close friend, jason grace, vanishes in the middle of the night. sometime later, a clueless son of neptune - or rather, his greek form, poseidon - literally stumbles into camp, and she and her friends, frank and hazel are suddenly whisked away on a quest to alaska to free thanatos, the god of death. during that time, she and percy bond and get to know each other. when they return to camp, they receive a iris-message from percy's former home, a camp for Greek demigods called camp half-blood, informing them about the prophecy of eight, and it isn't a shock when aquila is chosen along with percy, frank and hazel.

the other half-bloods arrive, and the camp bustles offer a warm welcome. emotional reunions take place as aquila is reunited with one of her best friends, jason grace (and greets him with a hefty slap in the face even though she knew him leaving wasn't his choice.) she meets the other demigods and listens to the stories of their endeavors over the past few months. one of the greeks in particular catches her eye. a son of vulcan - sorry, hephaestus - leo valdez. he's cute, in a nerdy and nervous sort of way, cracking jokes at the wrong moments that she had to hold back a snort from - he's different from the other guys she's grown up around. when things go crazy during dinner, the chosen eight are forced to leave in a hurry to start the quest to bring down gaia. mostly thanks to leo opening fire on the camp from the ship he had built for them. and they embark on an adventure unlike any other, aquila and leo forming a close bond with each other from spending so much time together and saving each others backsides every other hour, developing friendships with the other seven demigods, and trying to have fun, despite the ever-present question of whether they'd be triumphant in their quest.

little do they know, they win their quest. but not quite in the way they expected.

ALISHA BOE
AQUILA PERA

❛oh, you beautiful boy! i could kiss you right now, valdez!❜

JAKE T. AUSTIN
LEO VALDEZ

❛woah, quil, it was just an idea, why all the sudden compliments?❜

tysm to -dracomalfoys for coming
up with this beautiful plot per my
request! you should totally check out her plot shop and request some stuff!
i'm super excited to write this, and
even though i'll probably ruin it, i'm
looking forward to see where i end up taking aquila's character and her relationship with leo and the rest of the argo II crew. plus, this gives me an excuse to reread the books again!

❪ signature by radiance- ❫