[ I ]

i walked into the house, practically barging in, "ash, you better be ready. the boys are going to be here in five minutes!" i shouted out to him as i carefully ran up the stairs. don't worry, i am practically family in this household. as i turned the corner, i almost collided into him but he stopped himself, stopping abruptly and placing his hand on my waist to stop our bodies from a harsh impact and from me falling back as his impact would be much stronger than mine.

"grab my other bag for me, will you?" he smiled, walking away with a large luggage after placing a soft kiss to my forehead.  his lips pressed to the bare skin left a tingling feeling that lasted seconds after he had walked away. i just nodded and grabbed the gym bag that was sitting on his mattress, following after him and setting the bag down on the arm of the love seat in the living room.

quick footsteps were heard from above my head as they got closer and came downstairs, and it belonged to one of ashton's siblings, and from the conjoining mumbles, it was obviously both of them, and they were racing themselves to be the first to speak to their eldest brother.

"you're leaving again?" the young boy, harry, huffed as well as lauren. i slightly frowned as their facial expressions broke my heart, glancing over to ashton to see he felt the same so i placed my hand on the center of his back, patting the spot comfortingly. but he had been on tour before, the prior wasn't as long as this tour, but he already knew how to act strong for the sake of everyone, because if he lost it, then everyone else would too.

"i've been home for three months, guys. this is the most time i've ever been home in between everything that's going on. i'm gonna miss you all so much and i'll skype mum to see you guys and maybe even fly you out to some shows when you guys are on break. backstage passes of course." he paused his statement to shoot a wink at his siblings who just let out a mixture of a giggle and an eye roll. yeah, they were definitely related. "i love you both so much." his eyes glistened, and my heart shattered even more. they both walked closer and enveloped him in a group hug.

his mother, anne, approached and joined the hug in which ashton gave me the look to join into the family embrace, and i did, becoming a part of the sentimental moment after i quickly took a picture of the heartfelt scene in front of me. 

ashton asked me to capture moments that would make him feel better when he's homesick on the road, and this is one of them.

"you guys have fun, be safe, this isn't your first go-round so you know what to expect. don't bother aveda too much, she has permission from me to smack you around if you get mean or annoying." anne sternly pointed out, pinching his cheek lightly as he shrugged it off with a chuckle. i narrowed my eyes at the two, nodding my head with my lips pursed, as if i didn't do it before she had asked me to.

a car horn faintly sounded from outside and i slightly jumped, grabbing the bag and bidding my last adieus to the family that was like my second. i walked out, leaving ashton with his family for a few seconds of alone time. climbing into the van, i tossed the bag in the trunk, then relaxed in the back of the car. "where's ashton?" calum turned back to me, about to text him.

"he's saying goodbye... again. just be patient." out of the corner of my eye, i saw him out the window, coming closer. he moved slowly, pretending to be unbothered as he texted away on his phone.

"we're all going to miss our families, but we have each other, we are each other's family." michael said, with a twinge of sadness in his voice, but optimism for the most part.

"to be fair, if i had to spend months straight with you guys, i'd be pretty depressed too." i giggled as michael threw a box of tissues at me. of course, i was being sarcastic, because i am going to be spending months straight with these guys, and i've been doing it since ashton joined the band. both calum and luke chuckled as i mustered a curse word and chucked the box back at mikey, who quickly ducked and stuck his tongue at me.

our laughter quickly halted as the van doors slid open to reveal a somber ashton. he climbed in after putting his luggage in quietly and sat next to me, starting to slowly lay his head on my lap and i ran my fingers through his hair for the remainder of the car ride before we arrived at the airport. none of the guys said anything, they knew ashton took leaving his family the hardest then the others because of how young his siblings are and how much help his mom needed help reigning the two of them without their big brother to help out whenever.

.