JEONGIN

"You good for nothing son of a b*tch! I should've killed you before you were born! You are useless!"

Biting my clenched fist, I endure the pain. Holding my whimpers as I feel my skin burn every time the belt hits my skin.

Someone save me... I'm caught in a lie. A lie where my parents love me... where they care for me... but... that's it! I'm caught in a lie.

They strip me from innocence with their harsh punishment for the sin I never committed. Give me back my laughter! Save me from this hell!

"I-I'm sorry appa... I-I'm s-sorry..." what am I being sorry for? Because of my life? Because I was born?

"Die here you useless trash! Rot here like a trash would do!"

The loud bang of the door echoed throughout my narrow, shabby, lifeless room. I can hear chains being dragged and hit the door.

"You won't come out and eat unless I say so!" He said on the other side of the door.

Locked up again. Trying to stand up but just fell back. I winced from the pain when my back hit the cold wall. My back burns from all the cut that spread on my pale skin. My scrawny body trembled when I attempted to stand up again. Weakly, I stood up using the wall as support. Dragging my malnourished body, I entered my bathroom. Looking at the broken and tainted mirror... a gaunt, lifeless, pale boy looks back at me with eyes deprived of joy.

Why was I born? Just to suffer? Every time I see a happy family through the small hole from my closed window I feel envy

Why was I born? Just to suffer? Every time I see a happy family through the small hole from my closed window I feel envy... Yes! Envy! I am envious on how they live.

Why are they able to smile? I'm not.

Why are they able to be happy? I'm not.

Why... why...

Looking back at the mirror

Looking back at the mirror... instead of my ugly face I see a handsome boy in front of me. Wearing nice clothes that I wish I had and smiling at me. Is this what I want to become? Is he the kind of person I dream of becoming? I feel hot liquid flow down my cheeks.

 Is this what I want to become? Is he the kind of person I dream of becoming? I feel hot liquid flow down my cheeks

I am tired... tired of this life full of pain. If I'm gone no one will notice. If I'm gone they will be happy. As long as they're happy... maybe... I will be happy.

Grabbing the sharp broken tile under the sink with my thin fingers, I shivered in fear. Ending my life is wrong.. but if it will make them happy. I'll do it.

The boy in the mirror grimaced as he saw the sharp object on my hand. Panic is evident on his dark orbs. What a nice imagination, Jeongin. I never thought I am capable of imagining this. Closing my eyes I slowly moved the broken tile towards my wrist.

"Stop!"

Who said that? Is it my conscience stopping me? No. Nothing can stop me now.

"Stop! Don't kill yourself."

The voice seems so real. Is it because of hunger? My senses are playing tricks with me? Does it matter if I am hallucinating or not, I will soon be gone. With a weak smile and trembling hands, I slowly pierce my wrist and red liquid starts to drip out of the damaged flesh.

"No!" shouted my reflection and suddenly a warm hand grabs my cold one that is piercing the other. My eyes blurry with tears, shakily looks up and sees an arm reaching out from my reflection. The boy that looks like me but way better looks terrified and sad? Why is he sad? Is this my mind playing tricks on me again? Or am I losing too much blood that I am hallucinating?

"I must be going crazy..." I laugh dryly but immediately stop when I feel his hand on my cheeks and wipe my tears away.

"You are not going crazy. I am you and you are me." he said looking intently into my eyes.

My weak mind could not comprehend what he said. He is me and I am him? What does he mean by that?

"I-I don't u-understand... H-how can you be me? Look at m-me... I am nothing but a trash to my father but you... You-" he cut me off with anger in his eyes.

"Don't ever think that you are just a lowly trash because you are not!" retracting his hand letting it go inside the mirror again, a blinding light starts to cover him and within a matter of second he is now standing beside me.

"H-how... "I take a step back from shock and drops the sharp tile that I've been gripping this whole time.

"I will explain it to you later. For now, let me tend to your bleeding wound." he sadly looks at my bleeding wrist. "You've lost a lot of blood already and with your body like that you'll be weaker."

Without a second thought, he grabs my other hand and smiles warmly at me. The warmth coming from his hand makes me calm for the first time of my life. Oh how I long for this kind of feeling. Calmness...

"I'll bring you to a better place. Far from this hell hole that you've been living. You deserve better Jeongin." smiling again.

Light starts to cover the boy again and slowly the light starts to envelop me too. It feels warm.

"Close your eyes Jeongin."

Those are the last words I heard before everything went all white. I was blinded by the bright light and calming warmth enveloped my body.