Thomas

Rose's POV
As I finished my lesson with Erik I felt like me and him where getting closer. He would stand next to me more and gently tilt my head up to look at him when I was feeling sad or lonely.
"Erik, why do I feel like this?"
"Like what Rose?"
"I feel very lonely, even when I'm with you."
"Sometime in your life you will be and you will have to fight through it."
"But how?"

"Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way your way in darkness
Who will be there for you?
Comfort and care for you?
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion
Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you
You've always known
Your heart was on its own
So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone
Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived
Life can be loved
Alone"

"That was beautiful Erik."
"Thank you."
Erik stood and walked over to me. As he approached me I looked in his eyes and saw something that I couldn't understand. He was looking at me with love filled eyes. How could someone love me?

"Rose why do you feel lonely?"
"I think it's because of my past."
"What happened in your past?"
He asked looking saddened by my response.
"Well, long ago before I came here I was courted by a young man named Thomas. He was a very kind and gentle man who I learned to love. After a few months we where engaged. But I later found out that Thomas was having an affair with his sister Lucile. When I confronted him he told me that it was all his sister and not him, he told me that he loved me with all of his heart. After he talked to me he left to tell his sister it was over. But when he told her he loved me she killed him then herself. I found them both later and called the police. Meg came and comforted me. But I kept feeling lonely, so she brought me here to hopefully lighten my spirits. Nothing worked until I started to sing. When I sing all the pain goes away, and when I came here with you I felt all the painful memories go away."

"I'm sorry Rose you don't ever deserve to be lonely or sad. I'm glad I bring you joy and I hope you could tell me more things to help me lighten your life."

"You've done enough Erik I couldn't ask for more, Really your too kind already."

"Rose there must me something you want."

"Well, I've always wanted to travel. Go see London, Greece, Spain, Russia, and America."

"What if I make you a promise?"

"What promise?"

"After you preform this Opera I will take you anywhere you wish."

"Really?! O Erik I couldn't accept it, it's too much for a girl like me."

"A girl like you deserves the whole world at her finger tips. Please I have the money why not let me spend it on something we both can enjoy."

"Alright I'll accept. But please let me pay you back."

"With What?"

"This..."
I gently wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. At first he seemed awfully confused but soon kissed me back with love and passion. I loved the softness of his lips and I knew then that I had fallen for him. I am in love with Erik then opera ghost.
As I pulled away he stared at me with love.
"Erik, I love you."
"I love you so much Rose it's beyond what words can say."
He picked me up and spun me around.

As he set me down he looked back into my eyes

"Rose I need to tell you something you can't tell anyone else."
"You can tell me anything."
"Tomorrow night during the show Piangi will not be playing Don Juan. I will be sneaking in to join you on stage for Past The Point Of no Return."
"This is amazing Erik! You will do wonderfully in that role."
"Well I did write it for myself."
We both laughed.
"Now i won't be alone on stage."
"You will never be lonely again, I promise you that with my whole heart and sole. I love you."