Chapter 7

The Bad Boy Surrenders

>>Mac's POV<<

My whole first day had been fantastic: I had gotten to know Tate, and I was getting good attention, which meant Andrea was getting less of it. As long as I was getting under her skin, I was happy. Lunch was just like old times, with my friends and I aurguing over stupid things, and laughing until we were crying fools with stomach aches.

As it turns out, Tate was a super popular football jock, and all around nice guy. He knew basically everybody by name, and introduced me to some of his friends throughout my morning.

But of course something had to ruin it: I sat right next to Luke in English. I sat down, staring straight ahead, and ignored him.

"I'm sorry Mac." He said.

I said nothing, so he tried a different approach.

"How's lover boy?" he smirked.

I turned my head, looked him dead in the eye and said

"Freshly fucked.", and turned back to my zoned out stance.

I didn't say another word.

xxx

That night, the crew and I had a band meeting. In order to be voted for during battle of the bands, we needed popularity and some kind of fan base. We had a couple songs written, and chosen to sings, and now all we needed was a good place to perform, and I had the perfect idea...from Luke. You know, prior to his sex-crazed idiocy.

The next morning I had my outfit all planned: black ripped skinny jeans, a red cutoff All Time Low shirt, bracelets up and down both wrists, and my red chucks. Tory had helped me pick out and practice my makeup the night before, so I did as I was told. I did cat-eye styled liner, and mascara. Everything looked good, so I was out the door and off to school. When I arrived, Tate water outside for me, and I blushed as I approached him.

"Hi." He grinned.

"Hi."

"Hi" he laughed.

He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and we walked into school together. The morning flew by, and before I knew it, it was lunch time. I was crazy nervous: I couldn't stop tapping my feet, and my palms were sweating.

We had everything set up outside, because it was fall, and seventy degrees today. I walked up to our spot on the elevated patio, were everything was set up and Lacey and Xavier waited for me. But where was Tory? She was supposed to be here by now, and I was starting to get nervous. Eventually, she ran up to us. She was breathlessly, and her hair was slightly messy. Hmmm.

"Sorry I'm late, I forgot something in my locker." She was lying, because I saw the way she glanced back at the cafeteria and a slight blush crept it's way into her cheeks. I decided I would question her later, and handed Xavier the mic to open for us.

"Heeeellllloooo everyone!" he says, "I bet most of you are wondering why we are here."

The crowd starts to whisper before he continues, "So I'm sure you've all heard of the school's battle of the bands." , another burst of whispers, "We are going to perform for you, so you can get an idea of what the winner sounds like." He laughs, and the crowd joins in.

"Nah, I'm just kidding, that's really your decision. So, student body, decide." there was a moment of silence, and cheers erupted.

"Enough said, I'm gonna hand the mic off to our lead singer....Mac!"

I take the mic, and smile, "Hi everyone! As Xavier said, I'm Mac. This song is called The Best Thing That Never Happened by We Are the In Crowd. I dedicate it to a special someone." I find Luke's eyes from across the room, and the music begins.

I let you get away with thinking you're the cure.

I think I'm in too deep, it's time to pull the cord.

You like me more when you think, I'm getting bored.

I hope you're home the day I tear down the walls.

I won't settle, settle, settle, you are never gonna hold me down.

So toxic, you ain't nothin' but a prick, I point to Luke and grin

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

Never, never, never, you are never gonna live this down.

Life's too short, I can't fake it anymore.

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

(Ooh)

As Lacey and Tory sing the Oohs, I strut over to Luke, and stand infront of him.

Don't you get sick of only hearing your own voice?

Talk like you're so damn tough but you're just a little boy.

You like to think you've broke the mold but now I'm sure,

You'll crack just like the rest when I break your fucking jaw. I won't settle, settle, settle, you are never gonna hold me down.

So toxic, you ain't nothin' but a prick, I point to Luke and grin

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

Never, never, never, you are never gonna live this down.

Life's too short, I can't fake it anymore.

I'm the best thing that never happened to you. I point at Luke and roll my eyes on last time before going back to our 'stage'. I'm lost in the music, and I feel confident in our performance due to the crowd going wild. Now, Xavier, Lacey, and Tory join in, and we pump our free hands in the air. (Ooh, hahahaha, ow) I won't settle, I won't settle, I won't settle.

I won't settle, settle, settle, you are never gonna hold me down.

So toxic, you ain't nothin' but a prick,

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

Never, never, never, you are never gonna live this down.

Life's too short, I can't fake it anymore.

I'm the best thing that never happened to you. (Ooh, whoa) We finish, and Luke's hands go up in defeat with a laugh. The crowd is going wild, and for once I'm lost in a happy moment.

"Thank you all! Now, don't forget to remember us when you decide." Xavier grins.

xoxo

A/N

Sorry for the late update! I was having a but of writers block :/

But I didn't give up, so YAYY!

ARE WE FOR Lukenzie or Mate?

(First commenter gets a character in my story)

Also, please vote, it would mean a lot. ↓