five

" Watch where you're going, slut."

_______________________________

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The annoying sound of the alarm booming in my ears woke me up. Groaning, I slap down a hand onto the machine causing it to shut up. I turned over on my bed, fluttering my eyes open to adjust them to the sunlight. I smile, looking from the ceiling to besides me. I jerk up, rummaging my hands around on the bed, under the covers. Tears spill from my eyes slowly as I look around the room.

It wasn't a dream, I'm really here.

I sob, my hands covering my face. Everything once again giving me a slap to the face. Suddenly, there's a knock.

"M-Meadow?" Stanley questions from the opposite side of the door, " Are you almost ready?"

Shit.

"Oh, uh, y-yeah. I'll be out in a few." I call out, wiping away my tears. He replies with an 'ok' as I jump from the bed and to the closet. I pull out an over-sized peach tee with black and white stripes, moving to my dresser and quickly pulling out jean shorts. I tuck my shirt in, putting a belt on, slip on vans, and grab my backpack. Then I head to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.

I wonder around the house before hearing my name being called outside. I open the door and jog down the steps, hopping on the back of Stanley's bike. We ride to school, and I take the time to admire the small town's beauty.

As we arrive  to the school, I feel my body tense up. Everybody stares and glances over to Stanley and I. A group of boys, older than us, sneer and snicker with questionable looks on their faces. One looks me up and down with a chilling smirk as we reach the bike rack.

"Don't mind them," Stanley begins, " They're just a bunch of assholes."

"Yeah I can tell." I respond, getting off his bike. Stanley hands me my schedule and tells me to look out for those boys; The Bowers Gang, AKA the school's bullies. He heads off in another direction where I see a group of boys standing by a tree, watching as Stanley parted ways with me.

I shake them off walking towards the building. I pass by groups and groups of kids, all scowling at me. They whisper to each other, as if I wouldn't hear. They ask each other why someone is suddenly joining the school year during it's last few weeks. If only they knew.

I continue walking, keeping to myself until I find my first class, history. Again, people glare and whisper at my sudden presence. I hated it. I hated when people stared.

I took a seat in the far back of the room, keeping my gaze turned out the window. That's when the bell rang. Students started pouring into the classroom, hurrying to find seats next to their friends. I sighed, it was gonna be hard transitioning to this new place in general, but it would be harder trying to make friends.

~STANLEY'S POV~

I split from Meadow, walking to meet the Loser's at our usual spot. I see them give confused glances to each other as they stare behind me.

"W-Who was th-that on the b-back of y-your bike?" Bill asks as I finally reach the group.

"Yeah! Is our boy Stanley finally getting some?" Richie chuckles as I roll my eyes.

"Her name's Meadow, she's moving in with us." I say, rubbing my arm. It was awkward to talk about our home situation right now, I was utterly shocked when my parents told me we'd be fostering someone.

"Why?" Eddie asked.

"We're fostering her for a while until a family wants to adopt her." I shrug as Bill leads us to the school.

"So, you're just letting some stranger live with you? What if she has a disease? Or worse what if she spreads it to your family? Oh my, you better take pre-" Eddie begins his ramble of worry but I cut him off.

"She doesn't have any diseases. She's normal, like us." I tell them, the boys nodding.

"She's a loser too?" Richie chuckled before moving on, "She's pretty hot though. Keep your hands to yourself or you-"

"Ew, Richie. I wouldn't, I don't even know her well."

"Yeah, gross." Eddie agreed with me, taking a pump of his inhaler.

"T-There she i-is n-now." Bill said, staring off in front of us. We watch as we see Meadow walk through the hallway, her head down as people stare her way.

"Yeah, anyways, I just can't wait for this year to be over." I respond, getting books from my locker.

"Same," Eddie replies as Henry and his goons walk by shoving kids and scaring them off. He quickly takes a pump from his inhaler. Then the bell rings.

"Catch you guys later," Richie calls, running to the other side of the building for his first class. Slowly the group departs into their first period classrooms.

~MEADOW'S POV~

The bell rings, signalling lunch. I sigh slowly getting up as kids rush out of the class. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I walk down the crowded hallways in search of the bathroom. So far my day's been pretty boring, I've had three classes that I got lost to on the way there, and have gotten in trouble for being late.

I make a right, heading straight into the bathroom. Not watching where I'm going, I bump into someone. As I look up to see who'd I bumped into, they give me a disgusted look.

"Watch where you're going, slut." She says, scoffing. Her and her friends step over me, laughing as they exit the bathroom. I freeze in place, time standing still as her words cut into me.

I watch as she walks away, somewhere I can no longer see. These next few weeks were going to be tough, maybe even a little scary.

"Here, let me help you." I turn back, tears in my eyes, a hand held out in front of me. Hesitantly, I take it. She pulls me up with a smile, her blue eyes locking with my own. Her facial expression suddenly changes to a confused one, seeing my glossed eyes. I quickly look down. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes, I'm fine." I say blinking away the tears as I look back to her. I can tell she doesn't believe me but she smiles.

"Okay, see ya around newbie."