Getting Ready

CHAPTER 3

I wake up to a warm, crisp air outside my window. A small bright light seeping through my window makes me realize that today I have to fight Damon. I stand up and walk to the bathroom, my cold feet touch the cold hard floor of my room. I wash my face and put some make up on. I get dressed in my training outfit and put on my boots. I sit at my dresser looking at myself in the mirror. How could Cato like a girl like me? I am the Not that pretty. I just hope the kiss doesn't affect our friendship that we will always be best friends. I Put my hair into a ponytail not letting my bangs fall to the side since I might get distracted by that in the Pre-Arena. I look at myself proudly and think I would Win the fight no matter what it takes. I get my knives and run downstairs.

"good luck today Clove" my father says with pride in his voice. He looks at me and smiles

"just like you mother" he says sniffling.

"of course I am. I will win the fight. I promise." I say slowly.

"well go get them! Good luck!" he yells as I leave.

"piece a cake dad!" I respond proudly.

I run outside the air running through my face and hair. I head towards the Training Centre ready and proud to fight.