nii - r e u n i t e d

aichi's pov

"hey aichi! wanna head to card capital?" i turned my gaze towards the source and saw naoki, shingo and kourin all waiting for me. "sure! huh? where's misaki-san?" i asked looking around the hallways to make sure that i didn't miss her. "she went on ahead." kourin-san answered. "oh ok... shall we go then?" we all agreed as we left for card capital. "man, our sensei were hard today on us, weren't they aichi?" i chuckled nervously at naoki-kun's question, not knowing how to reply to the red head's comment. i went into deep thought about the text message miwa-kun had sent me earlier during lunch break.

~ f l a s h b a c k ~

"hey aichi, will head to the rooftop now. meet you there?"

"sure naoki-kun." i answered before continuing to pack my bag for the next class. i picked up my bento before heading up to naoki-kun and the others, but my phone rang.

ding!

i opened my phone to see a text message sent by miwa.

hey aichi! how's things going there? anyways, i just wanted to inform you about kai. we are both currenlty at the infirmary due to kai's fever. but something else happened, kai looked like he was panicking when he was at the center of attention earlier. he clutched his chest near his heart and was gasping for air. it looked like he was in pain. when i accidentally tipped his bag over, i saw two medication bottles, one for the heart and the other for pain, as well as a bloody pocket knife. i don't know what's wrong but please keep this a secret and treat kai normally. i'm sure he'll tell you soon. bye! see you at card capital!

- miwa taishi <3

my eyes widened at the mention if a knife, covered in blood no less, and some medications in kai-kun's bag.

heart and pain meds huh?

i thought to myself before replying to miwa-kun's text.

hello miwa-kun! everything is good here. is kai-kun alright? did he tell you anything?

- sendou aichi

i put my phone away, took my bento and headed up to the rooftop to meet with naoki-kun and the others. "hey aichi! what took you so long?"

"ehehehe... sorry, i just had to help with something." i replied nervously.

"anyways, let's talk about the upcoming intramurals for the club." shingo suggested, to which we all agreed to as we continued to eat our lunch.

time skip...

riinnngggg

the final bell rang, signalling the end of classes. silent celebrations and relieved sighs were heard throughout the classroom as our sensei left. my phone rang as i continued to pack. curious, i opened my phone and read the text message from miwa-kun.

kai's fine. he told me everything already. we are at card capital and kai's taking a nap. i think he intends to tell you too. just treat him normally and wait.

- miwa taishi <3

my eyes narrow in concern for the brunette. i have been seeing small scars underneath kai-kun's pale skin whenever he takes naps in the park. i really hope it isn't what i think it is. my train of thought was put to a stop when i heard naoki-kun's voice from the other side of the room.

"hey aichi! wanna head to card capital?"

~ f l a s h b a c k e n d ~

i wonder how kai-kun's doing...